• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal Detecting Magazines

CSACreed

Are there any metal detecting magazines worth reading? Im looking to learn something, not read a bunch of advertisements. What do you guys and gals read?

The 3 that I have heard of, and read, are Western and Eastern Treasure, Lost Treasure, and Gold Prospecting. Each has its share of advertisements. They are pretty much unavoidable.

I am waiting to receive a free issue of Lost Treasure Magazine that I received with my tesoro Compadre. I dont know if its any good yet though..

I picked up some old issues of Lost Treasure for a dime apiece the other day. There were some interesting articles in them. Back in the late 70's and 80's I used to subscribe to all of them, but quit when they started repeating themselves.

Got a subscription to Lost Treasure last 3 months. I like it. Has some interesting 'tales' of US history divided by geographic sections. I like the detailed ads of metal detectors and descriptions. A monthly metal detector contest. Found a small article about Indians and a cave near my own town! I look forward to it each month. It might be redundant after many months, but so far so good.

Thanks for the replies all. I used to subscribe to several gun magazines but they got to where they loved everything they reviewed and repeated themselves quit often. They would never say anything bad about a product because the company that made them advertised in their magazine. I'll look into the mentioned magazines and see what I like. I too have a free issue of Lost Treasure coming to me if I send the card in form my last Tesoro detector purchase. Guess I'll give it a try.
Thanks guys!

I subscribe to both Lost Treasure & Western & Eastern Treasures...I also like to look for old back issues for these and the "Old West" and "Frontier Times" mags on Ebay and Garage Sales etc.

I gave up on those magazines when I moved east. Little or no relevant articles for the area I live in. Don't get me wrong.. interesting stories for sure, but for me, I want stories that relate to where I am living so that, if I so choose, I can set up a quest. RickO

I subscribed for a year and I'd say 5-7 of the 12 I got were about gold and nugget hunting. :mad: The treasure leads they put in each issue started repeating themselves. :mad: ( Virginia was put in 3 times ) So I got aggravated and never renewed the subscription, But I am thinking of getting it again cuz I kinda miss it now. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom