First successful CRH! Nickels! =]

Bonesquat

Elite Member
Been doing some minor CRH. Been asking only for customer rolls. Got these by searching a grand total of 4 nickel rolls. The last roll revealed this awesome war nickel! My first CRH silver. Yay! My banks are wise around here and search all the halves and steal them. My ONLY hope is pennies and nickels, maybe dimes.

I figure if I can't find silver by detecting I can do some CRH along the way and perhaps find some silver!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 337
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 352
Congrats on that war nickel! How's your bottle digging doing? Finding anything cool/interesting? We'd love to see a pic. or two. : )

Congrats on that war nickel! How's your bottle digging doing? Finding anything cool/interesting? We'd love to see a pic. or two. : )

I guess I do need to post some pics of those. Most digging for anything has ceased with being so busy now. I do miss the bottle digging and detecting.

Been doing some minor CRH. Been asking only for customer rolls. Got these by searching a grand total of 4 nickel rolls. The last roll revealed this awesome war nickel! My first CRH silver. Yay! My banks are wise around here and search all the halves and steal them. My ONLY hope is pennies and nickels, maybe dimes.

I figure if I can't find silver by detecting I can do some CRH along the way and perhaps find some silver!

I get the excitement in finding the war nickle but why post a pick of the others?

Is there something I need to know?

Thanks,

I get the excitement in finding the war nickle but why post a pick of the others?

Thanks,

They're old - I just keep the older coins regardless of silver content. I know they're nothing special or valuable but I still like them. I'll remove them if you like.

Congrats on the war nickel!
I like CRHing the nickels, it's easy to read the dates, they're worth about 30 times their face value when you find a silver, and you get alot of coins to look through.
I found a 44d and a 39 last week out of $20

Thanks,

What do you care what he posts? they are still 60+ year old coin and pretty cool. Dont like what he has to post then dont look in the thread...

nickels are what I go through the most, and I also save ALL nickels older than 1960. I'm trying something new this year and putting all my coin roll hunts in an album on the forum.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?albumid=3365

Silver is still out there. Working through a bag of dimes and I have 9 silver so far. Go get yourself a box of nickels. You will have a ball.

Congrats on the first coin roll hunting silver. Heres to many more.

What do you care what he posts? they are still 60+ year old coin and pretty cool. Dont like what he has to post then dont look in the thread...

Thanks for your advise. I will take it to heart.:lol:

I have a lot of nickles and am aware of a select few key dates along with the silver content in some. I was wondering if I was missing something in regards to the others kept.

Really, thank you for your advise!

Thanks for your advise. I will take it to heart.:lol:

I have a lot of nickles and am aware of a select few key dates along with the silver content in some. I was wondering if I was missing something in regards to the others kept.

Really, thank you for your advise!

I wasnt giving you advise, there was no need to be rude towards the original poster though...

They're old - I just keep the older coins regardless of silver content. I know they're nothing special or valuable but I still like them. I'll remove them if you like.

No need to remove them....like you would if I asked anyway.:laughing:

I was hopeful to learn something important in regards to those nickels you kept.

I wasnt giving you advise, there was no need to be rude towards the original poster though...

I read it, and sounded like he was only asking a question. I certainly did not see anything rude in his post. then he explains that he was only asking and you still think he is being rude??? You misread it dude.

I read it, and sounded like he was only asking a question. I certainly did not see anything rude in his post. then he explains that he was only asking and you still think he is being rude??? You misread it dude.

Thank you.

This is reason #1 I hate texting.

True emotion or sincerity do not always get translated correctly in type.

We all look at things differently. From my point of view the way he put his words were not intended for educational purposes like he is suggesting.

But like I said we all look at things differently. Does it really matter? This is the internet after all

We all look at things differently. From my point of view the way he put his words were not intended for educational purposes like he is suggesting.

But like I said we all look at things differently. Does it really matter? This is the internet after all

It seemed to matter to you as you were the one who took offence, so I was just saying that you read it wrong. From your point of view, you heard a tone and I can see where you got it, but it also could have been a simple question. (:D so you don't think I'm also being mean)

To answer the actual question (in my opinion) Old nickels are not really worth much, but may be worth something in the future. The design has changed, the composition may also change in the next year or 2. The first nickels to go will be the old ones, so I say keep them now, while they are around. Also got the key dates to look for (39-D, 38-S, and the 50-D)

Nice find. I pulled a 39 (s or d) hard to tell, I need to get in under a loop, and a dateless buff out of about 30 rolls this past week. Some nic-a-date will get me that date though.

Back
Top Bottom