Treasure Quest snake island

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
It appears they are using an Xcal to dive with and a CTX. Nice cool hats too. Wonder what that cost ML? Anyone notice the gyger counter tic they added for TV as a tone for the Xcal?

It appears they are using an Xcal to dive with and a CTX. Nice cool hats too. Wonder what that cost ML? Anyone notice the gyger counter tic they added for TV as a tone for the Xcal?

Yeah, that !!!! annoys the hell of me. The whole show is as fake as their sound effects. There was no "shipwreck", there was a single anchor with a modern chain on it which they keep calling a "galleon anchor". The abomination of a "dredge" they made which has the sucking strength of a soda straw because they don't have a clue what they are doing. Fake "OMG it's pirates with guns! everyone get down!" when its a Navy RIB checking on them. They claim nobody sets foot on this island but in front of their tender at the island is a old steel pole obviously set as a tie-off point long ago.

All that !!!! was just the 1st 2 episodes, I won't be wasting my time watching any more.

I just thought it was interesting the machines were being included. Lets not forget all those cool snakes. Think they are as concentrated as they show? The have already done some unsafe and stupid things.

Eh, those treasure shows get me everytime.....I'm intriuged, but I'll be darned if you couldn't take all the episodes combined and condensed them down to a solid 15 minutes of worthwhile content.

I couldn't stand watching the first few episodes with the scripted drama of season 1.

So I started watching season 2 and my 8yo noticed and was immediately hooked on the show so we watched the rest of the season and we both thought it was great.
So we went back and watched season 1 together.
It is more entertaining now watching with my boy. There are some facts, lore and history sprinkled in. Who knows what finds were planted or not.
If you take it for what it is "entertainment". You might waken the Indiana Jones in you.

Miss this show

Even though it was kind of corny at times it was entertaining and informative. "I've got roundness in the hole"! :lol:

Attachments

• diggers.jpg
    diggers.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,672
Watched an episode of diggers on youtube a few weeks ago. Had I seen it before I bought my detector, I never would have bought one and would have missed out on a great hobby. No wonder there are so many laws and ordinances against metal detecting. Will be giving the island show a pass as well. Drek.
Thank goodness for Detectorists! Limey's got me hooked!

Watched an episode of diggers on youtube a few weeks ago. Had I seen it before I bought my detector, I never would have bought one and would have missed out on a great hobby. No wonder there are so many laws and ordinances against metal detecting. Will be giving the island show a pass as well. Drek.
Thank goodness for Detectorists! Limey's got me hooked!

I know Ringy is pretty bad at finding rings:lol:

That Oak Island story is getting more interesting as they are finding old coins and other items. I am sure they are milking the drama, but they are spending some serious clad in doing it. Who doesnt love a mystery.

Anyone see the gold treasure at the end of season 2? It looked like something you could buy at a souvenir store.
I call it "Fake island"

Anyone see the gold treasure at the end of season 2? It looked like something you could buy at a souvenir store.
I call it "Fake island"

You mean the stuff that looked like cheap tourist brass? :laughing:

On another forum (i think) someone posted a google earth snap of their river treasure site. You know, the one they spent days hiking though treacherous jungle to get too.... it's right beside a highway and feet away from what look like a hydro-electric plant. :roll: "fake island" is an apt name! :lol:

I just thought it was interesting the machines were being included.

it's all marketing! They get the advertisement costs back 10 fold. Just like garrett sponsoring nugget noggin and aqua chigger...all a big advertisement!

When I saw a certain detectorist on oak island I knew it was a fraud and immediately turned off my tv and never tuned back in. It's all about selling detectors and getting their brand advertised.

Even though it was kind of corny at times it was entertaining and informative. "I've got roundness in the hole"! :lol:

Yup I like the show as well for the most part. Saw an interview with "ringy" and he was talking about several networks were thinking about picking them up again including the Outdoor Channel. Most of the treasure shows just turn me off.

I couldn't get into snake island, too much fake drama! Diggers was kinda good, but, all the cool stuff I have found, I have never once jumped up and screamed while running off into a pasture to roll around on the ground after finding something. I read about Oak Island as a kid and although they milk the drama, it's still a good pirate mystery, I hope they do find something good!:D

I made a post about this show. Lmao it is so staged it funny. I can't watch anymore of it. So stupid. You can almost guess what's going to happen next.

Back
Top Bottom