I hope to be the winner

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I'm bidding on a Whites MXT Pro on EBay and I sure hope that I can add this to my small arsenal of equipment. I just hope to get it at a steal of a price (I'm currently the highest bidder at $350) but I am willing to go up to the $700 range, wish me luck!

This is an odd approach and sometimes discourages other bidders...

When you place a bid, set the amount to the maximum you are willing to pay anyway. Doing this will discourage a few people when they have to place bid after bid. It sort of knocks out the people that really aren't that interested. Hope this makes sense.

When you place a bid, set the amount to the maximum you are willing to pay anyway. Doing this will discourage a few people when they have to place bid after bid. It sort of knocks out the people that really aren't that interested. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you for the advice. I am new to EBay so I appreciate it very much!

This is good BUT there can always be a chance that nobody else bids on it and he can get it for CHEAP! But ya never know.

I hope you get it too....

That way when we go hunting together, I'll have a good detector to use :laughing:

Oh, by the way....could you get a Garrett ProPointer too?

Good luck! Make your max bid $701. That way you beat the bidder who just has a $700 max bid in the last few seconds. I always place my max bid in the last 30 seconds of the auction too, early bidding activity attracts attention to an item causing more bidders to join the frenzy. Often this frenzy makes people pay more than they want to just to "achieve victory" over other bidders. Just some friendly advice on the workings of eBay.

Good luck! Make your max bid $701. That way you beat the bidder who just has a $700 max bid in the last few seconds. I always place my max bid in the last 30 seconds of the auction too, early bidding activity attracts attention to an item causing more bidders to join the frenzy. Often this frenzy makes people pay more than they want to just to "achieve victory" over other bidders. Just some friendly advice on the workings of eBay.

Great advice!

Like what Andrew James said, place your maximum bid just seconds before the bid ends. I usually place mine bid 10secs before it ends. I open a separate window to view the same item, refreshing it to see the latest bid amount and time remaining,then I get ready to hit the confirm button on the first window with my max bid 10secs before it ends. use a odd number for your max bid like $702.99 or something like that, you may just bid the last guy by a few cents.

However, after a few bidding exercise, I realized that for MD, you may get a better deal looking at the classified in the different MD forum. I've got my last MD the Excalibur II off the treasure depot at $900, and it has not been used before. I'd never be able to get it from eBay.

I'm bidding on a Whites MXT Pro on EBay and I sure hope that I can add this to my small arsenal of equipment. I just hope to get it at a steal of a price (I'm currently the highest bidder at $350) but I am willing to go up to the $700 range, wish me luck!

You know you may have attracted some more bidders by posting this thread? :goodluck:

Like others have said set your max but do it late in the auction so the seller doesn't place shill bids to feel out your top price. I also second the odd change bid. I saw a guy once place a bid for $99.35 and win by ten cents.

I have purchased many items from ebay and get a laugh out of the way people bid up the price of an item way before auction closes. This allows others to outbid you and push the prices up even higher. I use a sniper program, I set it for my max bid and it bids my max offer in the last 5 seconds before auction close. I don`t always win the item but a majority of the time I do win!

Not true - even if you put your max bid and no one else bids on it, Ebay automatically helps you bid at the lowest possible price - saving you money. Recently I bid $20 max bid for a $90 wireless headphones (parts missing - but definitely fixable). No one else did and I got it at $1.99. Just an example.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing that up. Anytime I bid on ebay, I just put what the most is I'm willing to pay and let it ride out.

Back
Top Bottom