First ever Half Dime 1837...

Rawkfist

Found these near a small watering hole that must have been used as a place to cool off etc. 1901 Indian Head penny turned into a button and a pocket watch.
IMG_4102.jpg
IMG_4101.jpg
IMG_4100.jpg
IMG_4097.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That deserves a...:urock:

Found a half dime 6 years ago. Ain’t seen one since. TOUGH coin to find for all kinds of reasons. That’s a beaut!

Congrats on your first half dime! They are elusive little buggers

Congratz on the bucket lister half-dime. All the other bucket-listers will fly past now ! And while I know that old cruddy pocket watches aren't worth anything, yet .... I always like finding those !

The black patina worth taking off? Also, is it worth it to get it graded? Not a coin expert so maybe someone help me out here.

I would do the spit & tinfoil trick : Take a piece of tinfoil, shiny side up. Spit (or heavily lick) a spot. Put coin on it, and spit (or heavily lick) the top of the coin. Enclose it in the foil, like an envelope tight cocoon . Come back 10 minutes later, and do a gentle thumb rub (which is non abrasive and gentle, to just have human skin rub). You will notice that the black begins to come off on your thumb. Repeat as necessary.

Congrats on an awesome find, only ever found 1 myself and I swear I spent 20 minutes chasing that thing around in the hole even using a pin pointer. Amazing how small those are.

Congrats. I used to find a bunch of seated half dimes but its been several years now.

Back
Top Bottom