TWO mega Bucket lister silvers, and a few seated friends

Tpmetal

Elite Member
So it has been some time since I have found much worth posting. Heck I haven't made it out to detect even half as much as I would like to. A friend was in town so me and my buddy took him out detecting. Turns out I was a terrible host and found everything :laughing: I feel bad he didn't find any silver coins tho:no: he did however find a silver dime with the center cut out, maybe an attempt at a ring? Ill try to get pics

We started out at my seated silver spot. I found a couple torched indians, and a few relics. Then I found a very weird nickel signal that just randomly jump to a high tone, thinking it was probably one of those old square nails i was surprised to find a v-nickel in the hole. Rescanning the hole turned up these two seated dimes! The other odd relic was the medical bottle with the rubber stopper with a place for a needle to insert. Since it was a horse track my imagination wanders to things like crooked horse racing and people either tranquilizing the competition or giving the horse something to hop it up. Yet it looks maybe too modern for the era, so maybe it is just my imagination running wild.:lol:

The next day we went out to some old cellar holes. First stop I hop out of the truck and the very first signal I swung over was this 1778 2 reales! My first spanish silver ever. Couldn't have been happier and didn't care if I found anything the rest of the day. The interesting part is that a coin that old was in this area. It must have been dropped by very early settlers, as most towns around here were established mid/early 1800s. I imagine very few of these ever circulated here. We wrapped it up at that cellar and went to hit another not far away. There is where I found the second rare bucket lister. Just up next to the lip of the cellar near what I think was the doorway, a 1831 capped bust half dime popped out!!! feels good to hit that sweet silver again after a long cold winter!

Attachments

• 20210406_192545_resized_1.jpg
    20210406_192545_resized_1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 590
  • 20210406_192554_resized_1.jpg
    20210406_192554_resized_1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 571
  • 20210406_192614_resized_1.jpg
    20210406_192614_resized_1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 574
  • 20210406_180503_resized_1.jpg
    20210406_180503_resized_1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 549
  • 20210406_180515_resized_1.jpg
    20210406_180515_resized_1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 559
  • 20210406_181707_resized_1.jpg
    20210406_181707_resized_1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Wow! I would say “good hunt” but that would be an understatement. You killed it! Amazing finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW ! Back to back old multiple silver hunts are very rare if ever , a huge congrats on the saves. Good luck, Mark

Dream hunt! I can only hope one day.......
Congrats on a fabulous couple hunts and thanks for sharing. Love to see that stuff.

Wow! I would say “good hunt” but that would be an understatement. You killed it! Amazing finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Beautiful ! And good play-by-play.
Thanks for checking it out!

Congrats! That's just ridiculous!
Yeah it was a nutty 2 days
Great hunt and awesome finds man!
Thanks!

That's a super duper hunt. Congrats.
Thanks!
Congrats on some very old finds! What state are you in?
Thanks, I am in western ny

It can't get much better than that! Congratulations.
Thanks, you right it doesn't get much better than that!
WOW ! Back to back old multiple silver hunts are very rare if ever , a huge congrats on the saves. Good luck, Mark
I was just as surprised as you guys!
Dream hunt! I can only hope one day.......
Congrats on a fabulous couple hunts and thanks for sharing. Love to see that stuff.
Thanks for checking it out!

Awesome! I have been researching race tracks in my area... Hopefully, I will find one that isn't covered by residential development.

Back
Top Bottom