A surprise sunburst dandy at the baseball field

North Shore

I tried a different spot yesterday morning before Easter dinner, goes to show that in eastern MA most all open space could hold something with age. Buddy of mine found an 1820s/1830s militia coat button at the same location, he found a seated dime a previous visit.

Will have to get back there at some point, this was a quick hunt with a big coil. There was a decent amount of trash and iron contamination as well as shallow clad to contend with.

I may try digging most of the clad at this place and then try and go slower for deeper stuff.

Attachments

• 6811.jpeg
    6811.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 580
There is an infield/diamond on the 1938 historic aerial, and theres an 1840 house across the street.

Leave it to an east coaster : He goes hunting at a 1938 ball diamond. And does he find 1930's coins ? NNNEEEOOOooohhh. He finds 1820s/30s buttons :sissyfight:

Leave it to an east coaster : He goes hunting at a 1938 ball diamond. And does he find 1930's coins ? NNNEEEOOOooohhh. He finds 1820s/30s buttons :sissyfight:

Did find a 1942 merc lol, I'll go back I'm sure there is deeper stuff if I dig the one way repeatables. I was only there for a couple hours Easter morning.

Dandy buttons are always so cool to dig. But I always get excited and think I have coins. Any photos of that militia button??

And it was a beautiful engraved or stamped dandy at that! none of that slick garbage we sulk at when it pops up :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom