Gold Chain Redemption Yesterday from Friday’s Debacle!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
OK pirates, Thursday was my official back to work day but I had been going in already since I moved into a new office to get it ready and it was too rough to go out the previous days. Friday I get the green light from my boss to leave at lunch time. I had the Excal with me with the new CF shaft that I had made and it also just got back recently from Minelab for a repair while I was on vacation. I also took the Equinox to show a guy at school that was looking for a machine to buy. Lunch time comes and I book out of school and head for the beach. When I got there it was just gorgeous conditions! I go in the water with the Excal and within a few minutes the grip on the shaft starts spinning. :mad: I could not believe I had been too careful and not tightened the bolt enough. I start contemplating whether I can continue like this for 3-4 hours. I was having a lot of stress in my hand even though I was awkwardly trying to use my body to control the unit as well. I then remembered I had the Equinox in the car! :woot: So I make the over ½ mile trek back to my truck and swap out detectors. I re-enter the water and let the games begin again. After about 30-40 minutes, I’m down near the prime area I like to get to the machine makes a noise, I look down and see ‘bf” on the LCD screen and the unit goes off. I turn it on again only to see “bf” and the unit going dead. :( Evidently I had lost track of when I had last charged the unit before leaving for vacation in Cali. Nothing else I could do at that point but laugh and walk about a mile back to the car. :waaa: To add salt to the wound, the side of the bridge leaving Miami Beach is now under construction and took my an UNBELIEVABLE amount of time to get off the Beach and back and onto the highway. :mad:

I planned on going into work yesterday for a project that I have going on but I decided to get out for a hunt afterwards since I would be done by 12pm. I had properly tightened the grip on Merlin and charged up Noxy. I took Merlin. When I got to the beach conditions were similarly great like Friday’s. I was getting occasional targets and worked my prime area well but nothing showed up. 3 hours into the hunt some menacing looking black clouds start to pop off from the NW as I was already making my trek back from my starting point. No lightning but it got ugly. The blackness dissipated to gray and some light & medium rains started. About 3½ hours into the hunt, I get a sound and switch over from pinpoint and it’s that sweet nickel sound in a trough between 2 sandbars. I pulled it up and… it’s a nickel. :roll: Oh well, switch back over to PP and work around the circle the area around for more coins. Another low sound but I don’t bother to switch over from PP thinking its just a coin so I dig and pull the scoop up. As I look in, I see yellow slitheriness down the back of the scoop! :dingding: And with a lovely heart too! :egyptian: I now decide that I’m going to start heading back and limit my hunt to 4 hours. On my way back I score a really fresh little silver ring so that was neat. At home, I see the 10K marks on the clasps and on the heart. I was also astonished at the 1 Swiss Franc coin that I had thought was a quarter. Not a bad hunt from Friday’s disaster. I'm looking at taking Noxy back out for some redemption soon so we'll see.

Attachments

• 8-11-18.jpg
    8-11-18.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 467
  • 8-11-18 Chain & Rings.jpg
    8-11-18 Chain & Rings.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 468
  • 8-11-18 Chain clasp.jpg
    8-11-18 Chain clasp.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 415
  • 8-11-18 Foreign (1).jpg
    8-11-18 Foreign (1).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 476
  • 8-11-18 Foreign (2).jpg
    8-11-18 Foreign (2).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 453
  • 8-11-18 Fits.jpg
    8-11-18 Fits.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
It's funny that as I was reading your post where you said you heard that sweet nickle sound my heart raced a little with excitement and then I kept reading with anticipation and excitement and then it was just a nickel and experienced that usual let down that I experience when out detecting. :laughing::laughing:

Nice find on the chain! Looks like it should be twice that weight! Sweet find!

I think if you got rid of the heart on it, you could pull off that look! :laughing:
Nice perserverance! Sorry to hear you have to head back to work...

Congrats!! Nice piece of yellow there. I`ve come up with nothing but fools gold this weekend. Glad to see somebody getting the real thing...HH !

Beautiful chain Felix- congrats! Do you think you would have heard it without the heart on it? :?:
I might put it to the test tomorrow. I'll come back on here and post it.

Back
Top Bottom