Nel Tornado coil

aviationgale

Elite Member
I purchased a Nel coil last Sept. after my original coil for the AT PRO bit the dust. I did some research and decided on this coil. Took it out and every time you lift or set down the shaft, the noise is SO loud, just awful. I did EVERYTHING that I could think of to resolve the problem. Redid the coil wire around the shaft, ground balanced constantly, back to factory settings, tried all the frequencies, you name it I tried it. Well I sent it back to where it is warrantied through and will get it back in a few days. (I had to pay shipping both ways, NOT happy about that) My question is, has anybody had this problem with this coil doing that. ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day,MJ

As a NEL coil dealer, that Tornado coil is HUGE 12" x 13", quite a bit heavier then the stock coil. And in my experience when I was swinging an AT Pro, they were susceptible to "falsing" if you moved the coil to fast or bumped something. I have always recommended to my customer, if you are adding a big coil , spend the money and get a carbon fiber shaft, ie... Anderson Shafts (as an example). They do not flex like the stock AT Pro shaft . (Did you notice "ghost" signals when completing a swing and start back the other directon?)
Now, there truly could have been something wrong with the NEL coil you purchased, You will soon know when you get it back.
This is just my opinion and food for thought.

It is fine when just "hunting" it is when you lay the shaft down to dig or pick it up afterwards when it just is unbearably loud.

I've been thinking about the NEL coil for my AT Pro...but if their "warranty" says that you have to pay shipping both ways, that's a deal killer for me.

As a NEL coil dealer, that Tornado coil is HUGE 12" x 13", quite a bit heavier then the stock coil. And in my experience when I was swinging an AT Pro, they were susceptible to "falsing" if you moved the coil to fast or bumped something. I have always recommended to my customer, if you are adding a big coil , spend the money and get a carbon fiber shaft, ie... Anderson Shafts (as an example). They do not flex like the stock AT Pro shaft . (Did you notice "ghost" signals when completing a swing and start back the other directon?)
Now, there truly could have been something wrong with the NEL coil you purchased, You will soon know when you get it back.
This is just my opinion and food for thought.

They actually sent me a new coil, (different serial #) and I laid it down and picked it up and it does seem A LOT better than it was. So I'm guessing it was the coil after all. We'll see when I get out next week.

I've been thinking about the NEL coil for my AT Pro...but if their "warranty" says that you have to pay shipping both ways, that's a deal killer for me.

Yeah I wasn't happy about it but I was kinda stuck. It may be just who I bought it from. Maybe another dealer would do better.

Back
Top Bottom