coin roll hunting?

mziggy0203

Just a quick question, once you go coin roll hunting and order a box of coins and look through them, could you give them back to the bank teller? Or do you have to put them in the coin star or what ever.

Sure you can give them to the teller (Rolled) Coinstar is a scam. they charge nearly ten cent on the dollar.

Hello,

Depends on the bank. Some banks will take back the coins rolled and some wont. While other banks like the coins loose so they can ram them through their sorting/counting machine.

Frank

its usually good to have 2 banks, one that ya get your coins from and then the second bank for the "dump", its also nice if the dump bank has a coin counter so your not rolling coins.

Just a quick question, once you go coin roll hunting and order a box of coins and look through them, could you give them back to the bank teller? Or do you have to put them in the coin star or what ever.

Never ever drop at the same bank you pick them up from. I do huge volumes of 50 cent pieces and pennies as well as dimes (upwards of 10k this week alone) The halves I roll and drop off at a BB&T where I hate the bank manager. The rest because it takes longer to roll I go to a credit union with a free coin counting machine.

Mods if this link is in a violation please delete it but here is a list of my rules I set for myself and tips on my site about searching coin rolls

http://huntcoins.com/?p=46

good luck and if I can answer any questions let me know

It's better if you know what the bank takes. Some will take rolls, some won't. My 2 banks I use, one takes them, the other doesn't. Just so happens the bank that takes them had an instance with a guy coming in with dime rolls filled with pennies and only a few dimes. Got a teller fired over it actually. But they still keep taking them. Although it wasn't my branch.
I'd kind of like to know how he filled dime rolls with pennies too!

It's better if you know what the bank takes. Some will take rolls, some won't. My 2 banks I use, one takes them, the other doesn't. Just so happens the bank that takes them had an instance with a guy coming in with dime rolls filled with pennies and only a few dimes. Got a teller fired over it actually. But they still keep taking them. Although it wasn't my branch.
I'd kind of like to know how he filled dime rolls with pennies too!

yeah thats why I opened an account at the credit union. No fees and just dump them in the machine. No rolling no counting

Back
Top Bottom