Patriot1776 Blog Links

Very good write-up Dennis, I enjoy reading your blog posts!

I always enjoy finding toy cap guns at Old home sites. They paint a picture of a family long ago with a little boy playing in the woods and shooting at the Indians and other Cowboys & bad guys.

I'm sure most of us guys can remember when we were children with our cap guns on our sides. They where prized possessions. Cool article thanks for sharing!

As to the history of toy cap guns. They are quite collectible. As new law states that toy manufacturers have put a red barrel tip on them. So they could not be mistaken for a real gun. Making the old cap guns very collectible. All so there were a few states that did not allow cap guns to be able to fire a cap. As they considered them as fire works. These cap guns were called dummies. They usually had no strike plate. These guns are more valuable than a regular cap gun. As there were less of these guns made.
Some of the old cast iron guns can fetch 1,000's of dollars. These guns had different animal heads as strike plats. There is a very large following of collectors world wide.

Had William Boyd's ( Hopalong Cassidy ) set up as a kid ! Best Christmas present ever .
HH

Thanks for sharing the link. But wouldn't those be 19th Century coins if they were minted in the 1800s? :?:

Your correct
I will change it on the blog
Running a business and trying to do blogs I over look things
thanks

No worries. I'm glad you included the part about how they register on the AT Pro. I've never found one and it's certainly something on my bucket list.

Back
Top Bottom