garrett vs white

Tuck

would like to know who has mds mentioned and what your thoughts are on each. new to forum and am trying to decide which would be a good md to begin with. thanks for everyone thoughts.

Forgot to mention I am looking at the Garrett Ace 250 and The White Prizm III
Welcome to the forum Tuck, both are good machines. But if you decided on the White's save yourself $100.00 and get the Prizm II instead of the Prizm III. There are identical to each other except the Prizm III has a depth readout, not worth an extra $100.00 in my opinion. Steve.

I'm with skiwhiz on the depth readout, raising the coil gives more info than a depth read out.

I would do a lot of reading before you purchase, most all well known detector name brands "work" the trick is choosing which one works for you.

Read up on the features and specs ie. weight, I would recommend a pinpointer, a digging tool (almost anything under 10 bucks will break, 34 bucks buys one of the best) and consider a small coil after you learn some with the standard coil.
You will be surprised by how much trash is in the ground. good luck

Tuck,

Welcome to our detecting family. Having used detectors made by both companies, I would go with White's. Having said that, I think you would not be disappointed with either machine. Both are great entry level machines. It is more important that you read the manual and learn what the detector can do for you when operated properly. Good luck with your new machine and let us know how you do.:yes:

Both detector are great for the price, but personally I would go with the Prizm III. I know for some having a depth meter is no big deal, but having a depth meter that reads WHILE searching is a great tool.

If I had one feature on my DFX from my Minelab SE, it would be a depth meter in motion or hunting mode. I found it to be very valuable too me.

The White's is easier to learn. The Garrett is a better relic hunter. As depth meters are calibrated to coin sized targets, I seldom use them.

If you're into general Mding, I'd go for the PrizmII

HH

Nick

The Prizm III is an excellent detector made in the USA. I located more than my share of rings, other jewelry and many, many clad coins. I also like the depth indicator and feel it is an asset. Would I trade up? Only to another Whites product!

I have to agree with HAVING a depth guide. I have the Prizm IV with a depth readout and I feel it is invaluable. I love pinpointing and it instantly telling me how far it is; and it is dead-on accurate in depth perception.

Both are certainly good products. I am partial to White's.... I have two already (DFX and GMT) and am now waiting for their new TDI (pulse induction) unit. I do have a Garrett's wall detector for old houses. RickO

new Ace 250 owner

Want to thank everyone for their thoughs and and advice.
Have ordered the Ace 250 from Kellyco.
Should have it this week.

I'd start with the Ace250 and wouldn't get into a whites unless it's a MXT, XLT, or DFX... I haven't been too impressed with the Prisms... Save all your clad that you will find with that Ace (and there will be alot) and upgrade to a higher level white's in time... Good luck and Welcome to the forum!

i use a whites prizam 4 and whites mxt........ i like both .but i end up reaching for the mxt mostly..top of the line machaine...coins gold and relics all in one

Garrett AT Pro

Has anyone heard how well the new Garrett AT Pro actually works? I am soon ordering one and do not want my money to be wasted!

Back
Top Bottom