Big silver from the token park

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I hit my favorite park on the way home today for about a half hour. I've pretty much hunted that place to death but I still squeak a good one out from time to time.
I detected for a good 20 minutes with only a rusty nail to show for it. I went back over to one of the good areas where i haven't tried my new CTX 3030 yet. Came across a real high pitch tone which i figured was going to be another old rusty nail but was proven wrong when out came a 1937 Walking Liberty half!
In the same hole i also pulled a couple nails which may have been masking it as of now.
53c27dfc3ba5102ce0bfb1805711071d.jpg
94d46ff203f32662475f2d5fb686d657.jpg
e19cfc992ed1c1387f87bf8d490756cd.jpg
1b3068e06bc6d5690d08175bf6cc59d6.jpg
16d04c5afc6153515fb6361c614148c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sweet find Tundra! I would suggest gridding that park with the new Ctx! Nice job

Sweet find Tundra! I would suggest gridding that park with the new Ctx! Nice job
Thanks Tom! I don't know if gridding the park will do me much good.....I've dug almost every square inch of that place! I'm amazed I'm still finding old stuff there.

Who says an old gal isn't beautiful. Congratulations on such a beautiful coin. It has been a little over two years since I have dug one. Once again nice job!

Thanks Tom! I don't know if gridding the park will do me much good.....I've dug almost every square inch of that place! I'm amazed I'm still finding old stuff there.

Trust me, going over a hunted out area with a different detector brings out the hiders! Lol. Recheck it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice recovery!
That small green spot on the reverse looks like there was a cent in the hole with it.

Who says an old gal isn't beautiful. Congratulations on such a beautiful coin. It has been a little over two years since I have dug one. Once again nice job!
Thanks Dan! She is a little worn out but still a beauty!

Trust me, going over a hunted out area with a different detector brings out the hiders! Lol. Recheck it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will do L0s3r. Some other guy has just started detecting the same stuff I've been doing but has probably lost interest since there's hardly and high tones anywhere.[emoji16]

Very nice recovery!

That small green spot on the reverse looks like there was a cent in the hole with it.
Thanks mat! I may have to go back to that spot and check it again. I dug a few nails out of the same hole but that was all I could find.....maybe there's a wheatie hiding there too!

Congrats that is an awesome find! Can't wait till find something like that from a jumpy tone.
Thanks Strat! I dug an 1890 Morgan from a jumpy tone in that park last year...... I like this jumpy, questionable targets....they usually end up being a big silver or a token. I think all the folks who had previously hunted that park passed them up judging by how they sounded.

Back
Top Bottom