SE Kansas/SW Missouri places to hunt?

kansasman

Does anyone know of any or ever heard of any spots to hunt in Southeast Kansas or Southwest Missouri? I'm having a tough time finding places to go and thought I would ask the experts. Thanks in advance Kansasman.

Welcome to the forum. We have hit some of the smaller towns with parks. Most of these have been around for a while and seemed to be a little cleaner than most of the parks in larger towns. You could also try the schools in those towns. Check out the Ks group

Hey Kansasman, My wife is from Canada and I am from West Central Texas. We recently drove from Abilene texas to Saskatchewan Canada. We went up through New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana and then came back through the Dakotas and Kansas.
The thing about metal detecting is finding places where large groups of people gather either lately or in History. People leave stuff so that is where you want to hunt. We in this part of Texas (like most of Kansas) have a short history of semi modern people carrying coinage or any kind of metal for that matter more than 150 years old. And sparsely populated to boot. So, most of what we find wont be that old. However, older towns are still good for 1800s and 1900s coinage and stuff. Research and find where the people gathered and swing on that. I hope this helps. Happy Hunting.

Do like Booker says and check out the social group, Kansas Hunters. We get together and find places to meet and hunt. We'll be doing it again when it warms up some.

Welcome to the forum, kansasman and a BIG Rocky Mountain "HI" from Colorado. Go to the library and find our where activities like socials and get togethers that were attended by many were held. Baseball games and horse races come to mind but they also held Chitaquas in many areas where you are. Let alone outlaw activity. Research is the key. Practice in parks and other public places and be sure to gain permission especially on private property. Good Luck!

places to hunt

I just joined this group, so sorry for the late reply. the area you are living in was a hot bed for the civil war border war. get to the lib. and look info for Quantrell's raiders. even before the war there was bad blood between mo. & kansas about slavery. and most of the people in this area hid their wealth during this time :D So H.H. to you & good luck!

I just joined this group, so sorry for the late reply. the area you are living in was a hot bed for the civil war border war. get to the lib. and look info for Quantrell's raiders. even before the war there was bad blood between mo. & kansas about slavery. and most of the people in this area hid their wealth during this time :D So H.H. to you & good luck!

I think your a couple years to late..:lol:

Hey Jack, Kansasman was on just this past week so he's still active. My friend just joined and he's great at research. He will be a big help to all of us.

Does anyone know of any or ever heard of any spots to hunt in Southeast Kansas or Southwest Missouri? I'm having a tough time finding places to go and thought I would ask the experts. Thanks in advance Kansasman.
Hey I live in SE Kansas, some places of interest Baxter Springs(my uncle found many Cival War buttons and old coins in the Baxter area.I did some research of the battle that took place and got a helpful tip from one of the museum workers about the location of Quantrial's encampment at Sherwood Missouri. Other places: Parsons KS, Fort Scott Ks, Mt Vernon Missouri, other than that most towns around these parts date back to mid 1800's, most of which were mining towns but not all, I hope this helped you in some way, and if not I'm sorry for your time.

Back
Top Bottom