On Some Hunts.....You Find The Craziest Things

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
fh3_zpsmr2bni5s.jpg~original

I just had to get out! It's been getting real cold with the wind chill factor lately. Today I had a strong wind from the south, so I hunted a sheltered area protected from the wind. I eyeballed a pair of work socks someone hung out to dry at one time. Must have been drunk and forgot where they were? There were remnants of numerous makeshift campsites around the area with the usual beer cans, bottle caps and garbage.

fh2_zpsugugpnzy.jpg~original

Here are the few items I dug today! But......things got better!

fh1_zpsiqjyzxbq.jpg~original

I got a good mid 80's signal, hoping to find a silver quarter. Instead, I got this old Dinky Toy. I realized after looking at it, that it wasn't complete. I searched the area, and managed to find another wheel. After some Googling I discovered that the steam engine was manufactured in 1958. It (the original steam engine) used to travel with carnivals in 1924 as a novelty for families, farmers and kids.

fh5_zpsrjm2vslg.jpg~original

After trudging through the snow for some time, I came across a purse, sort of hidden in the bushes. I grabbed it, having fantasies of stolen loot, or jewelry, diamonds. After opening it, I was disappointed, to find a few old business cards and a tiny glass sample tube of women's perfume.

fh7_zps17uy5zvo.jpg~original

And of course.......the craziest find of the day! A pair of ladies high heeled pink boots, out in the middle of nowhere in the woods. There was absolutely no wear on the soles of those boots. Stolen probably, but why did the end up here?

Good job on the train engine. Researching an item even if it is broken can be great fun. Be careful out there though......

Miss Piggy's reputation is about to take a nose-dive!!

I bet you could sell them to a vintage clothes shop and buy some new MD'ing
gear.

I wonder if the purse and boots are related? Those boots and a touch of cheap perfume could be alluring. Haha. What exactly did the business cards advertise?

And of course.......the craziest find of the day! A pair of ladies high heeled pink boots, out in the middle of nowhere in the woods. There was absolutely no wear on the soles of those boots. Stolen probably, but why did the end up here?

When I was 17, I lived on Yongsan Army Base in Seoul Korea, in on-base housing. Behind our housing complex was a large hill that was filled with trees and a walking path through them. There were NO lights on that hill. On night, walking home from across the base (the whole base was like 2-3 miles long is all), We were cutting down the path, and my buddy and I looked down and saw this pair of cowboy boots with some pants thrown over them. I stopped and was like, "what the..." I looked to my left, and there was some young soldier with a gal. They were huddled together, with her face BURIED in his chest to hide. My buddy and I were like, 'oh. uh... uh... " and just kept walking, about 10 feet later, our brains turned back on and we just started laughing. Loudly, and a lot. By the time we got to the bottom of the hill, about a minute later, we realized we'd missed the opportunity of a lifetime.

We should have grabbed the boots and pants, and RUN like the wind!

so... i think your pink boots are from two kids who figured it out a minute before we did.

Hilarious. :)

Cheers!

Skippy

Last edited:
When I was 17, I lived on Yongsan Army Base in Seoul Korea, in on-base housing. Behind our housing complex was a large hill that was filled with trees and a walking path through them. There were NO lights on that hill. On night, walking home from across the base (the whole base was like 2-3 miles long is all), We were cutting down the path, and my buddy and I looked down and saw this pair of cowboy boots with some pants thrown over them. I stopped and was like, "what the..." I looked to my left, and there was some young soldier with a gal. They were huddled together, with her face BURIED in his chest to hide. My buddy and I were like, 'oh. uh... uh... " and just kept walking, about 10 feet later, our brains turned back on and we just started laughing. Loudly, and a lot. By the time we got to the bottom of the hill, about a minute later, we realized we'd missed the opportunity of a lifetime.

We should have grabbed the boots and pants, and RUN like the wind!

so... i think your pink boots are from two kids who figured it out a minute before we did.

Hilarious. :)

Cheers!

Skippy

Have you ever heard the expression "freezing your nuts off?" Too cold for that kind of sports.

Back
Top Bottom