Tiffany & Co. / Lots Of Clad !!

arw40

Forum Supporter
So I had a 3 day weekend this past weekend and after checking the weather and the tide charts I decided to head off to pirate some of the many beaches Maine has to offer. After a 4 hour drive I set up shop in Biddeford, ME which is pretty much between Old Orchard & Kennebunk. I did some research on google maps and picked out some of the more obscure beaches that I didnt think get pounded as the likes of Old Orchard , Wells and a few others. I know there is loads of hunters over there and I usually stay down in New Hampshire and lower Maine when I come over to the coast but decided to venture out a little.

I got settled into my hotel on Saturday and the rain started to come down like no tomorrow. Thats ok though, I had my rain gear with me and wasnt gonna let that stop me. The low tides werent until late afternoon so I figured I sniff out some of the local schools over there. To make a long story short I never left the first school I went to. I spent 4 hours with the AT Pro in the rain and mud and pulled $21.28 in clad. After this I decided not to beach hunt that day and would hit the beaches Sunday & Monday. Sunday I hit 2 beaches that only gave up $3.57 in clad. Monday I hit another 2 beaches. The first one was a bust BUT the second one was LOADED ! Low tide was 3pm that day and daylight with a cloudy day was gone by 4pm. I was there for 2.5 hours and in that time found 5 rings, 1 earring, a small sand dollar pendant and another $2.61 in clad. The nicest find and a first for me was a Tiffany & Co silver band. It is a Tiffany 1837 narrow ring that came in a solid 33 on the Nox and was three scoops deep. I didnt know it at the time with the fading light and because it was black from being in the water I just figured it was some religious ring. I also found another vintage ring which was also black but pretty cool. They both cleaned up nice by putting them on aluminum foil, cover with baking soda and then soak in hot water. I used a buffing cloth after that. I found 3 more junker rings too. I also dug a lot of aluminum pieces as I dig it all and some of it sounds so good. The NOX is such a great beach machine to use. I know this beach has A LOT more there and highly doubt it gets hit that often and NO I am not going to name it.

In total for my 2 1/2 day road trip I took in $27.26 in clad, 5 rings, 1 earring, & 1 pendant. To the people up in Maine, that place is like gods country this time of year. The scenery and colors were just beautiful ! That last beach I was at all I could smell the whole time was a nice wood stove somebody had going. Nobody around to bother you this time of year and also no restrictions or costs to park anywhere ( in season is by permit parking only ). Lets just say I will be going back to this beach again. Ya know, If I didnt find one thing this trip just the scenery and relaxation was well worth the drive over. All in all for my last trip over this year it was a great trip to scope things out for future trips to the coast.

***update*** just checked Tiffanys site and that exact band sells for $150. Im sure I can get at least $50 for it on secondary site.

Attachments

• DSCN0617.jpg
    DSCN0617.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 501
  • DSCN0618.jpg
    DSCN0618.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 506
  • DSCN0615.jpg
    DSCN0615.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCN0612.jpg
    DSCN0612.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 525
  • DSCN0616.jpg
    DSCN0616.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:
You were in my neighborhood. Im from kittery. But but dont worry. I stay off the beaches. I like the old stuff. The closest I come is the old mansions yards in the York beach area.

Some very nice hunting Andy. Bet you got to feel a lot more comfortable not looking over your shoulder in some of those parks you were hunting. Spent the last 10 days playing on back water marshes and enjoying the air along with natures beauty. Fall colors, a few critters and a couple of Bald Eagles over head sure feed my peaceful appetite. Congrats on a great time and some very successful hunts. Trapper

That's quite a bit of jewellery from one beach! It's amazing how much people pay for branded jewellery, but I guess it makes for a good resell.

Some very nice hunting Andy. Bet you got to feel a lot more comfortable not looking over your shoulder in some of those parks you were hunting. Spent the last 10 days playing on back water marshes and enjoying the air along with natures beauty. Fall colors, a few critters and a couple of Bald Eagles over head sure feed my peaceful appetite. Congrats on a great time and some very successful hunts. Trapper

Thanks Trapper. This was such a great trip of peace and quiet and enjoying nature at its best...And yes, you are right it was great to be able to enjoy my hunts and not have to worry one bit. There will be more trips over that way for sure.

Great report! Love the appreciation of a scenic, unoccupied location. Awesome clad haul at the schoolyard, and great ring haul at the beach. I think those stones in that ring in the last photo are marcasite(in case you're wondering).

BEAUTIFUL RINGS Andy! AND you cleaned up on that mega clad! Good job!! Looks like a lot of good productive work! Your approaching that $400 mark! Keep going man! LOVE the Tiffany ring! :clapping:

Noxdude

Great report! Love the appreciation of a scenic, unoccupied location. Awesome clad haul at the schoolyard, and great ring haul at the beach. I think those stones in that ring in the last photo are marcasite(in case you're wondering).

Thanks for the info on the last ring. Always great to learn new things from forum members. HH !

BEAUTIFUL RINGS Andy! AND you cleaned up on that mega clad! Good job!! Looks like a lot of good productive work! Your approaching that $400 mark! Keep going man! LOVE the Tiffany ring! :clapping:

Noxdude

Thanks Jason, I had such a great time on this trip. Got in a little land hunt and then hit some just beautiful beaches. I am hoping to possibly get to $500 in clad this season. It all depends on the weather this time of year. I still have some good producing places to hit...HH

Love It! METAL DETECTING ROAD TRIP! Everybody needs to do this at least once in a while!...Great work and a wonderful adventure!

Back
Top Bottom