August Retrospective: Six in One Day and Stood Up

PrussianBleu

Well folks, it's time once again for a monthly round-up. And what a month it was!

August was again a monthly silver coin record-breaker for the third month running, with fourteen total. In addition, I was able to break my silver coins in one hunt record, with six recoveries in one crazy 90 minute hunt. That was pretty wild! :mder:

The huge standout from this month to me is the 1918 D SLQ. That was one of those "can't believe your eyes" finds for me. I had already found a 1905 Barber Dime that day, so I was riding high as it was, and I got a just perfect deep quarter signal. "Oh man," I said to myself, "if this is a deep silver quarter, I'm going home!" And sure enough, the SLQ pops out and I lose my mind. Suffice it to say, I went straight home! :D

My other favorite find of this month are the Sterling Paratrooper Jumpwings. In addition to collecting coins, I also collect military antiques, so this is absolutely one of my favorite finds. It's something I never even considered finding so that kind of blew me away..

Also recovered were 49 Wheats, the oldest being 1911, and the big green Sterling ring, Sharpie cap for size comparison. I've never found a Susan B before, so I threw that on the board too. The School Safety Patrol badge came from the same place as the SLQ but was way down there, over a full pinpointer deep. I thought that was pretty neat also.

I picked up a USB microscope which will work out great for detail pics in the future.

Wood flavor of the month is Brazilian Rosewood.

GF & HH to all in September!

18777d3707e1e627ff93f804547e3fbe.jpg
8fb560ef0588736689f197807eeeb333.jpg
b6c0edf222fac72f8f13980eecf1fbcc.jpg
a7761db435f0acefba114c180a6a5eb1.jpg
731c5d9dea64855b086f4a0128d06395.jpg
c8fa7e32fcbc2c09600e0609f06ec7a7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WOW! That's some killer loot! Paratrooper jump wings are without a doubt #1 on my bucket list of things I want to find.
If my year end wrap up looks as good as your August I'll be thrilled, Big Congrats on a great month!

Awesome month PB ! Great photos and close-ups too. Might have to look into a USB microscope myself.

Love the in-situ pic of the paratrooper wings in the mud with the parachute mud impression just below the wings. Neat !

Awesome month PB ! Great photos and close-ups too. Might have to look into a USB microscope myself.

Love the in-situ pic of the paratrooper wings in the mud with the parachute mud impression just below the wings. Neat !

Thanks indeed! I knew right when I saw it that everyone would appreciate the parachute impression :D

I went with the USB microscope that RobFindsTreasure uses and I am very happy with it. I decided to go with the "reconditioned" version as it was 33% less but it looked new to me and functioned perfectly.

Many thanks to everyone for the encouragement and nice comments. I'm having a blast! :mder:

Back
Top Bottom