Another great hunt today

lafayettelauren

My boss gave me permission to go detecting on his family's farm land. There used to be several old farm houses there which are now gone. Most of the area is covered in tall grass and I couldn't swing in there so I went in the adjacent cornfield. Last years cut corn stalks are still there so it made it difficult to swing there too but I was doing great until the rain hit. I can't wait to get back to this location when the ground dries back up. It's a little hard to see in the pics but I believe I have a 1911 barber dime, 1892 indian head penny, 1920 wheatie, dress hem weight, a cigar trade token, a button that says uncle fuller, and a model t hubcap.

Attachments

• image1 (15).jpg
    image1 (15).jpg
    145 KB · Views: 311
  • image2 (8).jpg
    image2 (8).jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 321
  • image3 (3).jpg
    image3 (3).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 327
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 311
Congrats! In the third photo, bottom right, what is the round item with the two semicircular holes in the middle? I've found a similar one and don't know what it is.

sometime it takes some hard work to locate and find the good stuff,,,, don't let the hard work beat you,,,, keep swinging,,, congrats on your find,,,, :detector:

Looks like you had a fun and productive hunt. Definitely enough targets to keep you interested.

Hey Lafayettelauren, do you have any idea what that large Cog is that had six holes in it? I found one IDENTICAL to yours last week at a site that was in use from 1850 until 1875. Any ideas what its from?

Back
Top Bottom