Holocaust Survivor's Ring

Diggum

Elite Member
Hi All,

I sat in on a seminar given by a holocaust survivor, last night, and he mentioned that he had lost the ring he had made from the gold teeth, of other victims, that he was forced to harvest. I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance someone found it and has it in their collection? Here's a picture of it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20170323_201045.jpg
    20170323_201045.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 912
If I had to guess, probably still lost but who knows? That's my favorite historical event. WWII. How something like that could happen at that time period is just beyond belief... thanks for sharing! Is there a rough idea where the ring was lost at least?

I'd sure like to be the guy that got to return that one.

Amen to that!

No idea where or when it was lost. I wanted to ask, but it was crazy and i had to get my kid home and to bed. I'll try to grey hold of the host and see if they have contact info.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8618d621080b8a1fe193279d58629656&oe=596ABDA9
above link is a picture of wedding rings
taken by Nazis from jewish victims at
Buchenwald concentration camp in WWII
There were 23 main concentration camps, but nearly 900 others in total.
One can only imagine, how many more boxes of rings and jewelry were stolen.
Watching the history channel lately about,
WWII , Nazis, and Holocaust victims and survivors,
makes one question faith in humanity ?

Last edited:
I don't understand.. the nazis forced him to harvest gold from holocauct victims, but in turn they gave him the gold to make a ring out of??

I don't understand.. the nazis forced him to harvest gold from holocauct victims, but in turn they gave him the gold to make a ring out of??

No, he escaped and took some of the gold with him. He's an old man, and it was difficult to understand him (English is one of the 9 or so languages he speaks), so I don't have the full story on this.

I've left a message with the Rabbi that sponsored the event, and am awaiting his reply.

Back
Top Bottom