What Do You Make?

I have a lot of hobbies and most of them are craft relatedso I make a bunch of things......I decoupage, make business card sculptures(I saw some in a catalog and decided tomake a few for my dad & mom..was suprised how well they turned out), refinish & reupholster furniture found on the curb, sew clothes and quilts( just started this, so not too good at it), draw and paint a little....and experiment in the kitchen (came up with an awesome seasoning for hamburgers and another one for fried chicken).......all of this I do without the tools they say you "HAVE" to have:lol:.I use what I've got:D

I'm also about to try my hand at fused plastics:D.my husband says I need a garage for all my things....I think a warehouse would be better:D

And, I'm sure when I get enough junk things collected from MDing I'll make something outta that too:lol:

But the best things I've made are my kids:D:D:D one boy and two girls

Not sure how I missed this great post and a lot of talent you guys have of course I make decals and shirts

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

I studied sculpture when I finally got around to going to college,
but nothing come of it.
I wasn't cut out to teach and wasn't mainstream enough to hook a good gallery.
I was a carpenter when I went in and a carpenter when I got out.

I have still got an itch I gave to scratch now and again.
Go here:
http://tourinventiana.blogspot.com/
there are also some links in the right hand column to YouTube vids of some earlier stuff.

Wow! That is some interesting art work! I agree that the copper soldiers are very cool! I think jigglevision's time may have come. Ha Ha! Maybe on one of the high-def channels. :lol:

Thanks for the link!
-Mike-

Very talented people here... I do not make much.. just fix things mostly. Seems I can fix almost anything that breaks. I do some writing as well, but have not done a book yet. Oh well, it is on the list. :lol: RickO

Heres what I build

I build flintlock rifles, no pictures but they are early kentucky rifles, and not from a kit but from scratch. Bob

I make dinner. : ) I also do stained glass, but I don't have any pics right now. I was a quilter for 20 years and even taught a few classes at the community college by me for adult ed. I crochet baby afghans and booties as gifts and made 50 baby hats that were donated to the childrens hospital in Ann Arbor, MI for the neo-natal unit. One winter I made and donated 40 lap-gans to the local nursing home for the residents. I have hung wallpaper professionally for 24 years, so I guess you could say I make pretty rooms. I like to stay busy. I want to make holes in the ground and then fill them up again after extracting a little something for the goodie pouch. Hurry Up Spring!

me and the wife make these, we actualy make the latex moulds and then do the castings.we have roughly about 400 different lines.
100_1273.jpg

100_1268.jpg

hand1-1.jpg

bu2-1.jpg

pierot-1.jpg

garg.jpg

bud1.jpg

ele.jpg

sn.jpg

godzilla-1.jpg

dina1.jpg

100_1179.jpg

sheep.jpg

canmould.jpg

just a few examples

Dont know how to do pictures, they are tiger maple long rifles with flint locks and brass furniture, and they shoot very well. Bob

Biodiesel

I make biodiesel fuel for my 1978 Mercedes 240D, and 1974 F250 Ford, from used vegitable oil. I also make soap from the Glycerin byproduct.

I'm liking this thread a lot!
Since I was a kid I always enjoyed making or fixing things.

Merc. dime ear rings

Some time around november someone posted that he was making ear rings out of merc. dimes. I would like to get in touch with this person to find out how much $ and to see pictures thanks for any help or information. bdu1962

i've been designing and making kites for a while and have been able to fly em in some really neat places, fun to load them up with lights at night.

ddc.jpg

sled.jpg

bluerok.jpg

i've been designing and making kites for a while and have been able to fly em in some really neat places, fun to load them up with lights at night.

ddc.jpg

sled.jpg

bluerok.jpg

The second kite is beautiful...I love the stained glass lk it has when the light is going through it:D

I made a tasty pork sandwich from a left over pork butt last nite.
I had some dried tomato and cheese hoagie rolls, toasted the buns, melted mozzarella cheese.
Added some sauteed sweet onion rings, assembled adding some bbq sauce and devoured.
Wife said it was outstanding tasting sandwich.

FebandMarch2010008.jpg

FebandMarch2010012.jpg

Some of my stuff

Walnut female carving "Midnight Dance Step"..Last carving before eye operations.. 21 1/2 inches tall, Walnut.. Was used by the Local Art group on their promo cards.. Victoria Wood hull. and me.. Victoria was first gal to run for Prez in the 1800's.Carving is in a clock tower, the Robbins Hunter Museum, Granville. Comes out on the hour. One of three memorials to the gal. An abbey in the UK, a large stone in Homer ,Ohio where she was born, and the one I carved..I think this is one of three working clock towers with figures in Ml, and Ohio? Santa, He is going to a magazine for you guys to carve this Christmas season.. My $90 loon, with a Mastodon Ivory insert. Ivory came from a Fla river bottom, loons migrated there, I put the two together..Loonies are special people and they come to me for their special loons. My customers tell me I don't charge enough, but they are not willing to pay more than I ask..and,, Boring,,,another Santa, this time 54 1/2 inches tall..Started it in the 90's put it in the garage, a gal came in saw it, hauled it out, and I had to finish it for her. That's it ,thanks for looking , cordially Nad:)

Great carvings. I may have to try that. I haven't carved anything since I did a viking ship as a boy. I've done about everything else though.

You are awesome, Nad!

The "Midnight Dance Step" just blows me away!

Man, what supreme talent we have here. No wonder this is such a great site.

I have to get something you've done. I'd be thrilled even to get your autograph!

Badger

Walnut female carving "Midnight Dance Step"..Last carving before eye operations.. 21 1/2 inches tall, Walnut.. Was used by the Local Art group on their promo cards.. Victoria Wood hull. and me.. Victoria was first gal to run for Prez in the 1800's.Carving is in a clock tower, the Robbins Hunter Museum, Granville. Comes out on the hour. One of three memorials to the gal. An abbey in the UK, a large stone in Homer ,Ohio where she was born, and the one I carved..I think this is one of three working clock towers with figures in Ml, and Ohio? Santa, He is going to a magazine for you guys to carve this Christmas season.. My $90 loon, with a Mastodon Ivory insert. Ivory came from a Fla river bottom, loons migrated there, I put the two together..Loonies are special people and they come to me for their special loons. My customers tell me I don't charge enough, but they are not willing to pay more than I ask..and,, Boring,,,another Santa, this time 54 1/2 inches tall..Started it in the 90's put it in the garage, a gal came in saw it, hauled it out, and I had to finish it for her. That's it ,thanks for looking , cordially Nad:)

Back
Top Bottom