Pre-Review on The Fisher 11"DD for F2

Spartan84

Explorer
Forum Supporter
10/7/11: So I only had about 15 to use the new coil today, as soon as I opened the package and put it on, I hit my VERY HUNTED backyard. Stayed in a 5x5 area, 1st signal: Nickel 1947! Just about 9 1/2" down! Was stuck at the bottem of the plug. Second signal: 1967 Penny around 8" down. Third Signal: 1973 Penny around 9" down. Had to get ready for a wedding rehearsal so had to quit. I am really excited about hitting my backyard all over again.(Found a 1938 merc,1953 rosie my first week of MDing in my backyard w/8" coil) So far the coil is hitting deeper, and I also noticed a more stable VDI reading. But like I said, this was only a 10min hunt, and will continue to update this review over the next few weeks. REMEMBER, a place is never hunted out!

10/8/2011 UPDATE #1: Hit my backyard again this morning, some morning dew on the ground and like always my F2 is chattering like crazy so I turn the sens. down to about 3. Hunted a small area for about 15-20 mins of my VERY HUNTED yard, and found a clad 1976 dime, and also to my surprise a army sharpshooter badge.(TURNED OUT TO BE STERLING AFTER CLEANING!) Now I have covered every square inch of my yard ,left,right diagonal with my 8" concentric, and how I missed these? I dunno. What I can say is, with the 11" DD the targets ARE being found deeper. Only problem I am having so far is pinpointing with it, still some getting used too. I have gotten some tips from some forum members on pinpointing with this coil, so with practice it comes in due time. I am hoping to get out sunday, and hunt a soybean/corn field that has been harvested and plowed again.

10/14/2011 Final Update: So I have been using the 11"DD for about a week.

Pros:

-DOES find deeper targets. Deepest so far nickel from first day I got it 9-9 1/2"

-Covers alot of ground and fast

- VDI is alot more stable (not as many iffy targets)

- Once you figure out the sweet spot on the pinpointing it works very well

Cons:

-Added weight you can tell the difference of weight after swinging it for a couple hours, but does not bother me that much

-Pinpointing does have a learning curve if you never used a DD coil before

Overall opinion

I highly recommend the 11" DD coil for the F2, especially if its a machine you will be using as your main or keeping a while. When I used the 8" most of my targets were in the 1-6" range. I now find targets in areas Ive searched before in the 1-9" range with large objects such as canslaw or junk at almost 12"+ down, which makes me wonder how far down I can hit a half dollar or such. Also with the VDI being more stable, I can now determine better whats trash and whats good. Is it worth the $100+ pricetag? Probably not so much, but well worth it if you plan on keeping your F2 around a while. Just remember that if you get a new coil, dont assume you are going run out nd find every piece of silver and gold ever dropped! :lol: Take it slow and learn it. Like I said, I have only had it a week and put some good hours on it, so even I have a little more to learn about it.

Attachments

• IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,439
  • IMAG0239.jpg
    IMAG0239.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,533
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,372
  • IMAG0244.jpg
    IMAG0244.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,470
  • IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,366
  • IMAG0215.jpg
    IMAG0215.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,362
Last edited:
I love using the DD coil. Like I said before, I can't see any reason to put the 8" back on! It really is my go-to coil. :yes:

When I had my f70 with 11dd I too had a hard time locating targets but I noticed its much easier with my AT pro 11dd :yes: Sounds like you have a great yard to hunt!!

I run with just iron disc and I'm not hearing coins past 5-6" with my dd in our soil. Lots of nice square nails sounding off like quarters though lol.
Pinpointing is really super though.

Thanks Monster. Keep posting your impressions of the DD. Considering getting one myself.

Thanks for the review, I always wondered how well the F2 would do with the DD coil. It was a great coil on the F4 I had. Must have really good ground in Ohio, I have read posts from people that get amazing depths there. Once you find the "swwet spot" on the DD coil pinpointing will be a breeze.

pinpointing tip

i have that coil on my f70 try using a x or cross pattern when pinpointing try this with visable targets hold your coil a few inches above the ground with shallow targets. i can get within a inch or two everytime hh

I just found this post after asking about 11" DD coil. Glad to read that it works well.:grin:

I've really enjoyed the F2 and have had some success using the 8" coil. After reading the reviews, I decided to order the 11" DD, and hope to get it to use next weekend.

I'm looking forward to re-visiting all the old home sites that were successful before, and will post my impressions after I gain some experience with it.

Back
Top Bottom