New Finds - Buys - Trades

yacorie

Elite Member
So I was thinking that I would just start one thread that has various finds/buys/trades rather than creating a new thread every day it seems for pictures/comments/questions or new bottles (to me).

So once again I made a purchase - this time I had to pay more because they were in an antique shop. I ended up paying 5 bucks per bottle if you break it down by the bottle because there were 20 of them and they wanted 100 for the group.

Pictures only show 19 - because I broken one wen I dropped them and cracked one too.....oh well.

Here is what I purchased. I'll admit my problem when I start collecting something is that I go all in and always go out of the prowl. I'd probably be much better off working harder on getting rid of the 1000 bottles in boxes I have now instead of buying more - but oh well.

Anyone know what makers mark that is? The crown. I've been searching makers marks and havne't found it yet. Tons of crown marks on pottery but not finding that one for glass bottles.

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Nice stuff there. You did good.

Why not go to A-B and ask them about the crown - lots of good people there that may know. I've never seen that one.

BTW, when do you start building the Bottle Shelves?, lol. THAT I'd like to see. Or should I say Bottle Room? ;)

Nice stuff there. You did good.

Why not go to A-B and ask them about the crown - lots of good people there that may know. I've never seen that one.

BTW, when do you start building the Bottle Shelves?, lol. THAT I'd like to see. Or should I say Bottle Room? ;)

Haha no. I’m still going through or re going through boxes to pick out the ones I want to keep.

There are tons of medicines that I don’t want to keep so I’ll have to try and sell them: I’m going to get a table at a local flea market in April.

So i went metal detecting yesterday at a new spot to me and there were targets everywhere but not good ones - the property has had multiple houses bulldozed over the years I think.

Anyway, found a spot with some glass and started to dig. Lots of the same stuff. Did find two broken bottles that I would have like to take home (Lincoln Inn amber embossed whiskey and Nathan Hale Bottling works local soda).

This is what I did take home. Nothing special but I will admit that the green bottle and the Kraft bottle both made my heart skip a beat because at first I thought they were cathedral bottles or whatever they are called. Also found a small heart shaped bottle (not pictured) that I gave to my daughter.

The spoon with the duck I thought was cool so I brought it home.

The only two bottles marked are the Kraft bottle next to the green one which has Kraft embossed in a few spots and the larger medicine which is a Henry K. Wampole & Company embossed bottle.

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 253
Back
Top Bottom