I Almost Didn't Go Detecting Today

beephead

Elite Member
I loaded up my SUV last night with my detectors and gear so I could get an early start. I didn't sleep worth a flip last night so when morning rolled around I just laid in bed and watched the Sun come up. I finally got up and drank a few cups of coffee and ate a bowl of oatmeal. My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting.

Anyhow the first site I went to was a mid-fifties home that I have pounded before. There wasn't much left except for few pennies and one silver Rosie dime, so I decide to head out to another site that I haven't detected. It was another mid-fifties home.

Right off the bat I got my search coil over another Rosie dime and started finding a bunch of wheat pennies. I detected that yard for a couple of hours before deciding to head for the house. I managed to find 4 silver coins out of that yard. I was impressed how well the CTX was finding nickels. I found a total of 8 with one being a War Nickel.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2396.jpg
    IMG_2396.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2397.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_2398.jpg
    IMG_2398.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_2399.jpg
    IMG_2399.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_2402.jpg
    IMG_2402.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 663
  • IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_2405.jpg
    IMG_2405.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_2406.jpg
    IMG_2406.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_2407.jpg
    IMG_2407.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 620
Better a late start than not getting out at all. The CTX never amazes me when it comes to Silver. I have now recovered over 800 Silver Coins since getting my 3030. The machine has been simply amazing for me. Congrats Beep on a very nice 5 Silver day. Trapper

" My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting."

LOL!! That exactly like my house! Congrats on the silver!

I got it from Craig a while back. I got that sucker programmed right. It's hot on nickels and silver coins. It's almost like cheating when you use a CTX. lol

beephead

I’ve been trying to tell you guys since 2013 that the ctx is a bad machine! I’ve found over 700 silvers with mine since then and lots of nickels lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job finding the motivation to go detecting and digging up some nice keepers! 50s homes are my go to sites for finding some easy silver.:yes:

Yep I can see it now Beep, cashiers, customers, and others at the grocery store looking over their shoulders pointing and whispering.....

It's her again, here by herself...that's the lady that says her husband METAL DETECTS all hours of the day and sometimes at night even...then all goes quiet across the store as other shoppers just shake they're heads up and down the soap and dog food aisle..

Then in a low quiet voice, a lonely cashier is overheard mumbling to himself....Well, "I metal detect too" then watches as several of his customers change lanes...

We understand here on the forum Beep, just make sure she has batteries on the list and keep your chin up...!:lol:

Last edited:
Five silver coins in a picture is almost enough to make me go detecting BUT I had the New Shingles vaccine yesterday and my body is objecting highly. Not actually feeling like doing anything. Heck I am aching like I had the flu. But I had shingles many years ago while out under an ocean on one of Uncle Sams Submarines and I would not wish that pain on anyone not even my enemies.

" My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting."

LOL!! That exactly like my house! Congrats on the silver!
My wife has scored over six 1880-1910 houses last week. She is at the point where she wants to go detecting and I can go to the store, hahaha!

I loaded up my SUV last night with my detectors and gear so I could get an early start. I didn't sleep worth a flip last night so when morning rolled around I just laid in bed and watched the Sun come up. I finally got up and drank a few cups of coffee and ate a bowl of oatmeal. My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting.

Anyhow the first site I went to was a mid-fifties home that I have pounded before. There wasn't much left except for few pennies and one silver Rosie dime, so I decide to head out to another site that I haven't detected. It was another mid-fifties home.

Right off the bat I got my search coil over another Rosie dime and started finding a bunch of wheat pennies. I detected that yard for a couple of hours before deciding to head for the house. I managed to find 4 silver coins out of that yard. I was impressed how well the CTX was finding nickels. I found a total of 8 with one being a War Nickel.

beephead

Congrats on the great finds!

Back
Top Bottom