Holy cow, the gates open

Granddaddy Roy

Got out for a little while today. First stop was the old sledding hill where I found the ring (second silver this year). Went to the local high school. This has a large sports complex that is always fenced and gated. Today the gate was open :?:. There were some grounds keepers working in the area so I stopped to talk with them. We chatted about lawn care etc. Then I mentioned I would like to detect the area, they said fine and good luck. I don't think The area under the grand stand had ever been detected. Only had time for one trip up and back. Over $11 in clad (skipping pennies as I was short on time). As I was leaving the grounds keepers said anytime they are there I am welcome to detect. Sometimes it pays to be friendly :yes:.

Attachments

• IMG_6-9.jpg
    IMG_6-9.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_6-9-2.jpg
    IMG_6-9-2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_6-9-3.jpg
    IMG_6-9-3.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_6-9-4.jpg
    IMG_6-9-4.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_6-9-5.jpg
    IMG_6-9-5.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 367
Around my area I have yet to find dirt under high school grandstands, always concrete, that looks like a great spot and I hope you're able to get back in there and clean it out, Big Congrats on the sterling and nice clad haul!

Got out for a little while today. First stop was the old sledding hill where I found the ring (second silver this year). Went to the local high school. This has a large sports complex that is always fenced and gated. Today the gate was open :?:. There were some grounds keepers working in the area so I stopped to talk with them. We chatted about lawn care etc. Then I mentioned I would like to detect the area, they said fine and good luck. I don't think The area under the grand stand had ever been detected. Only had time for one trip up and back. Over $11 in clad (skipping pennies as I was short on time). As I was leaving the grounds keepers said anytime they are there I am welcome to detect. Sometimes it pays to be friendly :yes:.

Nice RING!!! ;) Wonderful! I'm sure there's more!

Check the field, too... if it's that good under the stadium, you might be sitting on a gold mine along the edges. :)

Back
Top Bottom