Night Time hunting What head lamp due you use

Zed71

Hi,

I hunt in the dark at the beach and i have been using a flash light but it stinks.
Whats a good head lamp to get to use for digging at the beach? Is there a specific one or will any due?

Thanks
Zed

95% of my detecting is done at night since I work 6pm to 6 am. I have been using the Black Diamond Storm for several years and think it is an extremely good headlamp in quality, durability and function. It is a very bright light and has the ability to dim and stop at any brightness setting vs many others that only give you a few preset levels. I have even used it while snorkeling! I had no issues until I tried to dive down about 6 feet and stay there... Of which it flickered then turned off. But after removing the batteries and letting it dry for a day or two it still works perfect!

Black Diamond is a good brand. Used to be Chouinard back when they sold mostly climbing gear. I use a Petzel. (Another climbing company)
Main thing is one with 3 LEDs or so that has adjustable brightness.
Batteries last a long time with LED instead of bulbs.

I hunt almost exclusively at night also.

Good Hunting

Thanks for the advice guys ill be looking into the the Black Diamond Storm.

Zed

I run a hunting lodge. My backpack and truck both have about 3 Petzl headlamps at all times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baseball hat with three little leds built in to the brim, the button is under the brim, easy on/off. I use mine hunting in the water at night, but wet fingers will eventually make the on off switch moist and it will fail. I used bedliner spray on the brim top and bottom of my latest hat and now it doesn't get dirty or wet...

Don't use one myself. Just hunt by star or moonlight, eyes adjust afterwhile and the LED in my ProPointer is enough to locate the target without screwing up my night vision too bad. Also nice not being able to read the screen of the ATPro and be forced to use your ears to make a decision. Feel it helped me be a better hunter that way even in the day.

Hey! I sell BD and Petzl where I work. Both brands are awesome. I too own a BD Storm. The older version is waterproof to 10 feet under. The newer version is not waterproof. Both brands are highly water resistant and as already stated, if they get wet, take batteries out and let dry. I do like the dimmer feature on the BD. GL and HH. Matt

which ever ones the batteries last the longest in are my preference. I have a pair that last only 3 hours on batteries. Those are getting tossed soon.

Back
Top Bottom