XP Deus?

My deus was drop shipped to me and I did register it. When my headphone module bit the dust at 3 weeks old I contacted the place that Craig (detectingMo) told me to. They did ask for my receipt and gave me no hassle beyond that. They gave me a RMA and I sent it in. They called me a few days later and said they were sending me a new one, and they did. Aside from that snafoo I have had no issues with mine. I believe my phone module was faulty from day one as I seemed to turn on and off by itself. I used it that way until one day it started flashing and could not be turned off.

Here is the problem Mike, most online dealers actually do not have any stock on hand these days. You order from them and pay they in turn order one from the distributor. The problem is the dealer has no idea what the serial number of the unit is going to be so they cannot put the serial number on your receipt. Some distributors include an invoice with the serial # and some do not. It is a HUGE mess The manufacture, distributor, dealer and repair center need to all get on the same page so a customer does not have to jump through hoops to get the 5 year warranty that the manufacture brags of.
When buying, a person needs to ask the dealer if they will provide a sales receipt with the serial number of the unit. If they will not then move on to the next dealer.
I know of one dealer right now who is in talks with deus to see what can be done to sort this out.
The Deus is a GREAT machine so they should try to make it easier to buy it with some peace of mind.
I purchased mine from a dealer online. It was shipped to me directly from XP facility in Boston I believe. I have no receipt and what may I ask is wrong with your Deus

My deus was drop shipped to me and I did register it. When my headphone module bit the dust at 3 weeks old I contacted the place that Craig (detectingMo) told me to. They did ask for my receipt and gave me no hassle beyond that. They gave me a RMA and I sent it in. They called me a few days later and said they were sending me a new one, and they did. Aside from that snafoo I have had no issues with mine. I believe my phone module was faulty from day one as I seemed to turn on and off by itself. I used it that way until one day it started flashing and could not be turned off.

Wonder why they call what they do " warranty registration" if they need a receipt???
And on this registration page,,,no mention of owner's receipt.
Maybe they should change the name to just product registration.

They do say they will send you updates though if one registers their equipment.
Misleading here maybe,,,as to the why behind registering,,,or the benefits of doing.

And with this new Xp equipment looming on the horizon,,,maybe this is a good time,,,to do a press to test here on their " true" policy as it relates to warranty,,and the needed documents, etc.

i Like my F75se

5 year trouble free warranty, when i upgraded to DST, for 99 bucks, i got a 3 year transferable warranty upgrade, Fisher is great, sorry to see your over sea's holly grail relic- killer has BS warranty loop holes- which hinder the owner's

I haven't heard of any warranty claim issues with XP and receipt. They definitely have the lowest failure rate of any brand I sell.

The distributor for XP in the US is also the service center. Its very easy for them to validate serials to receipt with their records sent to dealers or customers. I far as I know you just need receipt for proof of purchase.

Folks need to be receiving receipts with serial number info.
The units are expensive,,,they are deserving of this.
Besides,,,what about theft,,,and insurance claims.

I don't want to depend on Xp or any dealer to verify the serial number of my equipment. They could make an honest mistake in their records as well.
Having a receipt with serial number(s) will ensure accuracy here.

Serial number data,,,is for both the owner and the manufacturer,,,not just the manufacturer.

And this goes for other manufacturers too,,,especially for $1,000 plus units.

Maybe I should be asking,,just how long will a dealer and or manufacturer keep my serial number data??? Will they keep for 10 years or longer??? Where the actual data can be traced back to me??

Not to mention crashed servers,,,hack jobs, etc., which could destroy or alter this info at dealer or manufacturer or even both.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your discussion. I am on my way to purchasing the XP Deus but will definitely bring this issue up.

The five year warranty seems really nice so I'm shocked if they won't honor it.
Warranty IS very important as my AT Pro completely fell apart in 3 years and could have been fixed if it had the 5 like the Deus.

I sent a email to XP France and they in turn forwarded it to The US service center who responded this morning. They were very polite and helpful. It was stated in the email:

"All that is required is a copy of your original dated sales receipt from an authorized XP dealer should you require a repair."

They also assure me that they WILL take care of their customers who have unit under warranty.

Coils: 9" or 11"
Started with the 9 then got the 11, tad deeper more coverage. Costly move though to get one then a 2nd. It's about where you hunt. Are you always in a small trashy yard? Or do you sometimes do large open areas?

Headphones: WS4 or WS5
WS4 are nice for hot summer days and you have the option of spending $150 on several brands of headphones that accept the puck for full-over-the-ear experience. WS5s fit a tad loose and the ear pads don't stay on as well as they should (taped mine on). But if you had the WS5 and wanted hot summer relief, you can plug earbuds into the Remote, put the remote in a pocket.

Display: WS4 or LCD Remote (I will probably get this one)
You'll want the Remote

1. For someone who already has an Etrac (stock coil), would you recommend the 9 inch coil on the XP Deus?
I don't have an Etrac.

2. Has anyone used both the WS4 and WS5 headphones? What do you prefer? I assume the FX-02 headphones aren't very good.
The WS4s do hurt my ears after a few hours because I wear glasses. But then I can just move them off my ears and have them press against and they stay on my head fine. WS5 I have a love/hate with see above.

3. I see some dealers are selling two poles. Why would you need TWO telescopic poles?
When own 2 coils you can take a 2nd shaft assembly and have a 2nd Deus. Like you plug earbuds into the remote with the 9" and a buddy uses the WS4 headphones and your 11" That what you meant?

4. Version 4.0 is supposed to come out in March. Should I wait till then to buy it? or do these software updates work perfectly with older models? I am not used to detectors with software updates.
No need to wait, software upgrades the past machines perfectly. Now that said, there are 2 new coils coming out that have higher frequencies for gold hunting. Will dealers package those new coils with a Deus? Probably. Do you gold hunt? This may be a package you would want.

Started with the 9 then got the 11, tad deeper more coverage. Costly move though to get one then a 2nd. It's about where you hunt. Are you always in a small trashy yard? Or do you sometimes do large open areas?

WS4 are nice for hot summer days and you have the option of spending $150 on several brands of headphones that accept the puck for full-over-the-ear experience. WS5s fit a tad loose and the ear pads don't stay on as well as they should (taped mine on). But if you had the WS5 and wanted hot summer relief, you can plug earbuds into the Remote, put the remote in a pocket.

You'll want the Remote

I don't have an Etrac.

The WS4s do hurt my ears after a few hours because I wear glasses. But then I can just move them off my ears and have them press against and they stay on my head fine. WS5 I have a love/hate with see above.

When own 2 coils you can take a 2nd shaft assembly and have a 2nd Deus. Like you plug earbuds into the remote with the 9" and a buddy uses the WS4 headphones and your 11" That what you meant?

No need to wait, software upgrades the past machines perfectly. Now that said, there are 2 new coils coming out that have higher frequencies for gold hunting. Will dealers package those new coils with a Deus? Probably. Do you gold hunt? This may be a package you would want.

At least one of us stayed on topic LOL!

One question about warranty...

If I buy that "XP Certified" Waterproofing kit and it leaks, will XP fix my dectector?

One question about warranty...

If I buy that "XP Certified" Waterproofing kit and it leaks, will XP fix my dectector?

Good question! I would say that there may be some interpretation as to whether the kit was used or installed properly if a warranty issue comes up. I would email XP Americas and ask them that question. I am sure a lot of others would like to know also.

Good question! I would say that there may be some interpretation as to whether the kit was used or installed properly if a warranty issue comes up. I would email XP Americas and ask them that question. I am sure a lot of others would like to know also.

I called Bill from Detector Electronics Corp from the XP Americas Warranty Information website and he said that they will replace the Waterproof Bag if there are leaks. He said that we have to prove that the bag leaks and not that we didn't close the bag all the way (makes sense).

However, he said that they have NEVER heard of detectors getting ruined from leaking bag. He would not answer my question if they would replace the detector.

So all of you that take your Deus into the water, make sure your bag works. Who knows if they will replace your detector.

I called Bill from Detector Electronics Corp from the XP Americas Warranty Information website and he said that they will replace the Waterproof Bag if there are leaks. He said that we have to prove that the bag leaks and not that we didn't close the bag all the way (makes sense).

However, he said that they have NEVER heard of detectors getting ruined from leaking bag. He would not answer my question if they would replace the detector.

So all of you that take your Deus into the water, make sure your bag works. Who knows if they will replace your detector.

Looks like your thread has helped get a lot of info out there about the Deus.
My final thought's are, it is a great detector, I have put mine through some tough terrain and nasty environments and it has never skipped a beat. Hands down the best Relic detector I have ever owned and not too shabby at coin hunting either.

I see some dealers are selling two poles. Why would you need TWO telescopic poles?

When I purchased an extra coil it came with a lower stem. There should be no need to purchase a separate lower stem unless you buy an extra coil without one.

The other stem you may be referring to is the extended upper stem. The extended upper stem was designed for really tall people to give the detector more length when fully extended. Again you don't need this unless you are a giant.

I think the original poster misread the listing for the one deus pack. It includes a telescopic pole but that it NOT in addition to the unit is it FOR the unit.

5 year trouble free warranty, when i upgraded to DST, for 99 bucks, i got a 3 year transferable warranty upgrade, Fisher is great, sorry to see your over sea's holly grail relic- killer has BS warranty loop holes- which hinder the owner's

Thats funny, considering how many Minelabs are in your sig. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom