Going from Open Carry to Concealed

Another thought. I haven't used headphones before, but my thinking would be that in a bad area, they probably aren't a good idea. You'd just be reducing an already important sense even more, in terms of situational awareness.

I don't wear headphones in Detroit unless I am underwater. I watch at all times and I always go with a friend or a group of friends. Not much fun or relaxation but there is some good coins to be found.

This hobby is supposed to relieve stress. Not cause new ones! My thoughts are it really isn't worth it but others enjoy it so be part of the group and help if you are needed. We all used to carry in one way or another. Mine was always visible.

Presently I have a .38 SPL Charter Arms light frame, got one for the Wife too.....Nice little simple rigs...I'm happy with it, its capable....I used to shoot and reload a whole lot, 357..Used to buy my components from Mels Ammo Cache out in Rapid City SD by the 5000 count..

He got the Black Hills overruns and a guy could reload a 357 with 158gr wadcutters for about a nickle per back then...primer and powder included...

I have been out of it for 30yrs though, but it all came back just like riding a bicycle...We went and put in some range time just to see....Lot of fun and a good date night!

Gotta get the Concealed Permit though...A guy here told me a fellow can apply for one on line, through the DNR...said it was cheaper and pretty easy...I gotta get that done..the bummer is, I'm always at schools detecting...So hey..:?:

I made a very comfortable ankle holster out of the sleeve of an old Neoprene wetsuit, it slips up over your sock and the revolver tucks down into it....

The fatter and older a guy gets, he just dont want to fight anymore, and he for sure cant run as fast as he used to! Its time...:laughing:

Thats a nice group there Dee! like shooting the little red 'star' out of that one game at the carnival!:laughing:

I suppose for those in non-free areas, you've always got that fancy serrated digging shovel! That would do some damage!

I could have done better. I haven't shot since fall. However if it would have been a perp I think I would have neutralized the threat.

Like you Mud, I also used to reload and I shot a ton of bullets in the past. I wasn't a cop that just carried my weapon, I used them.

Got my fingerprints taken today and submitted all my paperwork. Now I just wait to get my CLP in the mail.

How long is the process in your area? Last renewal I had, it took close to 90 days. But, the county was working with the new state process. I'm hoping that my renewal this year will be much quicker.

I used to carry my Colt 1911 exclusively, but I decided I needed something with greater capacity, depending on the area that I travel to. So, my other carry pistol is a FN FNS-9L Longslide, with 2 spare mags. I'm well covered. :D

In Kansas you don't need a license to carry in the open or concealed. Just curious, do you have to qualify with the same gun you are going to carry or can you carry anything once you qualify? I used to live on a farm and shooting and reloading (even cast my own bullets) was my main hobby. The 1911 will always be the handgun of my choice since it's accurate and has great stopping power. The size and weight never bothered me.

I want my $100 for the non resident permit I got! Love that they did this though.

I have a concealed carry permit but a year after I got it, NH passed a law that the permit is no longer needed. I want my $10 back, lol

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I used to reload a lot mostly for rifle also for 44 mag and 357.
The super blackhawk 44 mag has good stopping power, but hard to conceal.

In Kansas you don't need a license to carry in the open or concealed. Just curious, do you have to qualify with the same gun you are going to carry or can you carry anything once you qualify? I used to live on a farm and shooting and reloading (even cast my own bullets) was my main hobby. The 1911 will always be the handgun of my choice since it's accurate and has great stopping power. The size and weight never bothered me.

No. Once you qualify you can carry any pistol you want. Revolver, semi-auto, anything.

One thing strange about Michigan though is you are NOT allowed to protect your personal property. If someone had the jump on me and took my 60 grand truck, I would just have to let them drive off, unless I felt my life is in danger.

No. Once you qualify you can carry any pistol you want. Revolver, semi-auto, anything.

One thing strange about Michigan though is you are NOT allowed to protect your personal property. If someone had the jump on me and took my 60 grand truck, I would just have to let them drive off, unless I felt my life is in danger.

Wouldn't they have to threaten your life to get you to give up your truck?

Back
Top Bottom