Opinion on these two machines

Mcuch

Was wondering what you think about the Ace 350 and Tesoro Cortes, these two are for sale in my area, what do you think about these prices.... Ace 350 for $100 and the Cortes for $375 or trade for Nikon camera gear or sporting goods. Appreciate your input on these. :digginahole:

Depending on what you want and how you like to hunt, I would jump on that Ace 350. That's a great deal. Never used one myself but I have used other Garrett machines and they are really good. Never used a Tesoro so I can't comment on that. But, if you get the 350 and want something different later you'll have no problem getting your money back out of it. Assiming of course that it's in good shape.

What NDCFX said. Had a 350 before my ATP. No VDI but it's a solid machine. I've dug coins as deep as my pinpointer with it. Lightweight. For $100 that's a deal.

I started with an ace 250 with a DD coil. Very easy to use and understand. Found many great targets. That where the hook sunk deep. Now own a CTX and have a per order in on the AT MAX.

Depends on condition of both, any accessories included, how/where you detect, if you need a machine with manual ground balance, if you prefer a detector with more depth capability. Just to name a few.

I would get the cortes. Way better unit and built better too. The ace is not even in the same class as the Cortes. Go for the tesoro

The Ace is gone but cortes still listed, price drop to 295.
Thinking about a Delta 4000 listed for 100. Said only used 5 times, thanks for all your replies

Something that would be any kind of upgrade and hopefully a little more depth, I do like the idea of the numbers on the Delta, my pioneer doesn't have that feature, got my pioneer about 4 years ago, used a 100. Gift Card I won from eBay sweepstake and put 20. with it to get the pioneer, came with 4" and 8" coils, only 20 dollars out of pocket for it and it looked new, small coil was still sealed in plastic bag.

Something that would be any kind of upgrade and hopefully a little more depth, I do like the idea of the numbers on the Delta, my pioneer doesn't have that feature, got my pioneer about 4 years ago, used a 100. Gift Card I won from eBay sweepstake and put 20. with it to get the pioneer, came with 4" and 8" coils, only 20 dollars out of pocket for it and it looked new, small coil was still sealed in plastic bag.

I started out with an Ace 250, and I made a lot of nice finds with it, Wheaties, Indian Heads, Large Cents, Barbers, Mercs, jewelry, etc. BUT, the thing was I put myself in the location to find them. The best detector in the world won't matter, if there's nothing there.

All that said, how deep will your 505 go? What's the deepest coin you've found? How/where do you normally hunt? You have access to 75+ year-old sites? Just hunt for clad and jewelry?

No sense in spending lots of $$ for a clad/jewelry hunter, get a $160 Compadre, don't worry about the screen. If you want a screen, and on a budget, buy the Ace 250, but know after a while that bell tone will be stuck in your head, you'll hear it when you try and sleep, and when your alarm goes off in the AM :lol:

Cortes

The ace and cortes does not compare,Tesoro much better unit and i dont think tesoro will ever drop the cortes.

Back
Top Bottom