Here’s some videos showing the new Simplex + detector recently released.

Tn,,thinking you shot yourself in the foot with that video....I didn’t see earth shattering performance difference between the two..Now,I don’t know this guy either so we will assume he did a honest test.With that being said I’m not seeing almost 4 times the performance out of that equinox vs the simplex,which it should be at close to four times more money..I’m not even seeing it as twice as good as the simplex,maybe marginally better but that’s it..of course I’m just going off of the video you posted,but after seeing this I’d never feel outgunned using a simplex with a bunch of nox users..good video,thanks,,I feel much better about selling the nox and buying a simplex :laughing:

Last edited:
Tn,,thinking you shot yourself in the foot with that video....I didn’t see earth shattering performance difference between the two..Now,I don’t know this guy either so we will assume he did a honest test.With that being said I’m not seeing almost 4 times the performance out of that equinox vs the simplex,which it should be at close to four times more money..I’m not even seeing it as twice as good as the simplex,maybe marginally better but that’s it..of course I’m just going off of the video you posted,but after seeing this I’d never feel outgunned using a simplex with a bunch of nox users..good video,thanks,,I feel much better about selling the nox and buying a simplex.:laughing:

Woody,
There are few videos actually as far as Simplex.
I didn’t post for any particular reason. Good or bad.
Some folks may be wanting to get a look at Simplex being tested/used.
Woody,
You should do the following.
Will save you some time later on.
Buy 3 Simplexes right off the bat.
Run the first one. Then briefly talk about then sell like you always do.
Wait a month.
Get another one out and run it and talk briefly about then sell.
Then get the third one out and repeat above.
Oh, don’t forget and slip up and take the screen film off.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Capeesh.

Woody,
Woody,
Wait a month.
Capeesh.

Your leaving out me posting all the finds I make with those machines before I sell them tho! I'm going to buy another 800 in the spring though, I did like that machine but winters here and I really get them dirty and muddy, didn't wanna do that to a $800 new machine..Lol..good video tnsharpshooter,honestly I’m glad you posted it cause I really was wondering if I shoulda bought what is basically a entry level machine..But that thing sure does look good in field mode,I’m thinking a guy could just notch out the junk and coinshoot and get the depth and great ID in that mode..hopefully I’ll let ya know this weekend...cheers

Seems to struggle on the nail test, that video doesn't answer the questions i had on the Simplex, but this video below does.
It shows that it lacks the sensitivity i want in the top 6 inch of soil, it couldn't hit this target that was basically sitting on the surface, maybe it would do better with a sniper coil on, but the Nox is an absolute freak in regards to sensitivity with the 11inch coil on.

https://youtu.be/9LE9vXSS2DE

Last edited:
Woody,
Woody,
Wait a month.
Capeesh.

Nice TN, I appreciate your posting good info that tries to be honest and fair-minded, unlike some other "Wood" be posters.:cool3: Keep up the good work.

Seems like for the money, that the Simplex is a pretty solid unit, but it also seemed to me like the Nox spanked it in depth and ID. Depends on what you're hunting as to whether the Nox is worth the extra moolah.

Nice TN, I appreciate your posting good info that tries to be honest and fair-minded, unlike some other "Wood" be posters.:cool3: Keep up the good work.

Seems like for the money, that the Simplex is a pretty solid unit, but it also seemed to me like the Nox spanked it in depth and ID. Depends on what you're hunting as to whether the Nox is worth the extra moolah.

Thanks.
Just posting what’s out there.
More and more folks will actually have units soon, and hopefully we’ll hear even more as far as the Simplex model tendencies and behavior.
I am sure it will be compared to higher priced, similar, and cheaper priced models. Nice of Makro-Nokta to give folks a choice that costs less than many other units and have waterproof capability.

It looks like the Simplex struggles with masked targets. Depth is only part of the equation. If you are hunting clean ground, if you can find any then the Simplex looks like a good buy. I'll hunt behind you with a 600 and show you what you missed in the iron. If I bought this new detector I would be quite upset over that nickel next to a nail test. We pay hundreds more for features like tone bins and tone volumes. I'll sure pay more for a detector to detect a target.

People always write that this or any detector will make a good backup detector. That is an excuse to build a dust covered collection. But hey use what you can afford and like.

At the very least a few more tests and videos need to be made with masked targets. Until then.......

Last edited:
Confusing video/comparison?

Seems to struggle on the nail test, that video doesn't answer the questions i had on the Simplex, but this video below does.
It shows that it lacks the sensitivity i want in the top 6 inch of soil, it couldn't hit this target that was basically sitting on the surface, maybe it would do better with a sniper coil on, but the Nox is an absolute freak in regards to sensitivity with the 11inch coil on.

https://youtu.be/9LE9vXSS2DE

First of all, I do not own either a Nox or a Simplex, and could care less if one is better than the other. However, this video proves absolutely nothing to me. First of all, you can hardly understand what they are saying, and they don't explain what kind of test or comparison is being made. Then, there is no comparison even made, as the Simplex is the only detector shown being swung. I can't even tell what the guy uncovered with his boot. The video TSS posted was so much easier to follow and understand. Whatever the case, I don't understand why these comparisons are being made. An $800 machine should certainly outperform a $300 machine, unless in this case you hunt in water/rain, as the Simplex is waterproof. From what I have seen, the Simplex gives you more for your money. Would this be a fair comparison: A Black and Decker cordless drill for $50 vs a DeWalt cordless drill for $150???

Im not seeing the simplex having any depth problems in that video, and I just watched it again.In park mode it's not as deep, but in field it is deep and doesn't struggle at all.., I'm assuming the simplex in park mode has the recovery speed jacked up which makes all machines lose depth and targets sound clipped.

Last edited:
I ran mine through my test garden in the back yard last night. It has excellent depth in field mode but your stuck with a two tone vco sound which I'm not crazy about. Park mode has good speed and separation with three tones but it lacks depth compared to my T2 in three tone. Honestly I was a little disappointed with the depth in park mode. Your just not going to reliably hit those deeper targets in park mode.

It's no Nox killer by any stretch from what I've seen but it is a very capable little machine and appears to be we'll constructed. Compared to the other machines in this price range, it's clearly a superior detector in every way. I'll know more once I've had a chance to field test it over the next few weeks.

Thanks for the videos tnsharpshooter..Looks like a good machine..In all reality it shouldn’t be able to compete with much at the entry level price point..But let’s look at it from that view and stop the debates...At a entry level machine at $250 without the wireless headphones I think it’s a pretty good deal,without having one yet..Waterproof,wireless,backlight,better than average depth,separates good and the biggest thing I like is it folds down like the deus,easily transported..You have no idea how many times I’ve carried my machine through town of foot and wait to get shot,some hero cop mistaking my machine for a rifle.lol.

Thanks for the videos tnsharpshooter..Looks like a good machine..In all reality it shouldn’t be able to compete with much at the entry level price point..But let’s look at it from that view and stop the debates..At a entry level machine at $250 without the wireless headphones I think it’s a pretty good deal,without having one yet..Waterproof,wireless,backlight,better than average depth,separates good and the biggest thing I like is it folds down like the deus,easily transported..You have no idea how many times I’ve carried my machine through town of foot and wait to get shot,some hero cop mistaking my machine for a rifle.lol.

I am not debating anything. Rather finding videos done by users and posting.
Folks can buy if they want. Or not. Their choice.

Sounds like you need to invest in bulletin proof vest.
Better yet.
Move to Tn. We won’t shoot you down here. Unless of course you look like a squirrel. Video of what a Tnsharpshooter does to squirrels. So you can see.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a89rsjqAu90&t=68s

I am not debating anything. Rather finding videos done by users and posting.
Folks can buy if they want. Or not. Their choice.

Thanks for taking the time to look up the videos and posting them for us..,I was talking about myself trying to debate things not you..I think I need to look at the other side of the coin more,so thanks again for the videos

Thanks for taking the time to look up the videos and posting them for us..,I was talking about myself trying to debate things not you..I think I need to look at the other side of the coin more,so thanks again for the videos

Just remember there is more to life than metal detecting. I have been on a detecting break for a while shooting crossbows and rifles. Love it. Get you one Woody and try.

Back
Top Bottom