Here’s some videos showing the new Simplex + detector recently released.

Just remember there is more to life than metal detecting. I have been on a detecting break for a while shooting crossbows and rifles. Love it. Get you one Woody and try.

I got a ar15 that’s been sitting for about 5 years untouched that i usto love to rip off a few hundred rounds a week with,I think it’s time to blow the dust off it.lol..But holy smokes did ammo ever go up in price..

Last edited:
Seems to struggle on the nail test, that video doesn't answer the questions i had on the Simplex, but this video below does.
It shows that it lacks the sensitivity i want in the top 6 inch of soil,

https://youtu.be/9LE9vXSS2DE

I don't know what those guys were doing but I have not experienced any lack sensitivity in the top 6 inches.

It does fine at sorting coins from iron in most situations.

https://youtu.be/dnk15P1yq2k?t=135

The Nox struggles in certain suitations also -

https://youtu.be/nwUXs6XCHwY?t=746

A lot of single frequency machines struggle with the coin directly against the nail. The simplex will work in trashy areas and yes it would do better with a smaller coil for sure, new coils will be coming out.

Now that the Simplex is in the US can anyone compare the Simplex with the mighty Garrett AT/Ace Series or similar priced units from Teknetics / Fisher / Whites?

nice to compare how the US units stack up - can someone run the Simplex against those in the SAME price bracket or is that just too unfair?

eSCANZ: Now that the Simplex is in the US can anyone compare the Simplex with the mighty Garrett AT/Ace Series or similar priced units from Teknetics / Fisher / Whites? ... When my Simplex + arrives that's exactly one of the things I plan to do. Side-by-side comparisons, both 'Air Test' and 'in-the-field' with all the challengers I can get my hands on. I have a couple of dealer friends who are going to help me out on that, and I have a few low-cost competitive units on-hand just waiting for the comparison.

However, it is not going to include a Garrett AT model if it is not in close to the same MSRP, and they aren't.

eSCANZ: Can someone run the Simplex against those in the SAME price bracket or is that just too unfair?... I figure I'' look at models that have an MSRP from $100 less than the Simplex+ to $100 more. Compare all the features as well as the end performance.

I guess I could make it really easy and forget about waterproof capability and battery power, since a lot of hobbyists never hunt a beach and many also prefer to use replaceable alkaline batteries.

If I wanted to compare models that had more competitive features, I could just consider those that also have these 5 points:

• A Display backlight
• Iron Audio Volume
• Automated Ground Balance as well as Manual Ground Balance
• An All Metal mode
• At least a 2-Tone and 3-Tone choice for Discriminating modes

:laughing: Now, that would make my detector comparison time very, very easy since there would only be one or two models to consider in that price range.

Monte

Now that the Simplex is in the US can anyone compare the Simplex with the mighty Garrett AT/Ace Series or similar priced units from Teknetics / Fisher / Whites?

nice to compare how the US units stack up - can someone run the Simplex against those in the SAME price bracket or is that just too unfair?

I only have about 11 hours of swing time in with the Simplex so I'm still getting the feel for it but I think companies like Fisher, Garrett, Teknetics and Whites should be concerned.

Their machines in the Simplex price range like the Ace 300, Teknetics 4000 & 6000, Fisher F44 & F5, BH Land Ranger Pro, Whites Treasurer Pro and the others just cannot compete with the features and performance of the Simplex. Buying one of those machines now that the Simplex is available would seem foolish in my opinion.

Also when Minelab releases their new Vanquish 540 & 440 detectors, those companies are going loose even more sales. I haven't heard anything about new machines under development from the US companies to compete with Nokta & Minelab - are they even going to try?

Even some of their flagship models like the F75, T2, AT Pro, Patriot, MX 7 and such are probably going to loose sales to the Simplex. It's well made, waterproof, wireless, rechargeable with adjustable backlit display, built-in LED flashlight and impressive depth. That's a lot of nice for the price.....

I'm no brand loyalist or fanboy, I use what works best for me and for what I do, but so far I'm impressed with what it can do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom