Worm and Toad get silver from the curbstrips!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Worm and I got out early and hit a couple blocks of curbstrips this morning. The street has a slight incline so I took the right side and Worm took the left heading up the slope. I think my third target in was a wheatie so that makes you feel like it's gonna be a good hunt. But things slowed down until we got about halfway and Worm hits a war nickel. I was a little ahead on my side of the street and hit my 4th wheatie right at the end of the street. Worm had maybe 50 feet to finish up his side when I told him we should just switch sides and hunt back down the hill to see if we missed anything. Since Worm had 50 feet to go I just followed along behind him and within a few feet I got a nice high tone on the nox and out pops a 1923 merc which makes 25 fty for me. I tried not to rub it in, but I had to tell him he just missed silver:lol: So we ended up both getting silver and as we were finishing up near where we had parked I saw a $10 bill laying against the curb just waiting for me to pick him up and put him in my wallet:laughing: I think that's my first paper money find. All in all another fun sunday morning hunt.

Attachments

• 20190519_113827_HDR.jpg
    20190519_113827_HDR.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 455
A little better outing for you Scott than for Travis but still you both came home winners. Congrats on the Merc, the Wheat's and the eyeball $10. Trapper

Congrats on a great hunt, I hope you bought lunch with the ten spot, especially after scooping up the Merc. lol I hate and have more than once my buddy go over a spot and yell--Hey how did you miss this ? DANG how did I ? Just goes to show The swing, the speed, the angle all play a part. Still want to try some curbstrips. HH Mark

Worm and I got out early and hit a couple blocks of curbstrips this morning. The street has a slight incline so I took the right side and Worm took the left heading up the slope. I think my third target in was a wheatie so that makes you feel like it's gonna be a good hunt. But things slowed down until we got about halfway and Worm hits a war nickel. I was a little ahead on my side of the street and hit my 4th wheatie right at the end of the street. Worm had maybe 50 feet to finish up his side when I told him we should just switch sides and hunt back down the hill to see if we missed anything. Since Worm had 50 feet to go I just followed along behind him and within a few feet I got a nice high tone on the nox and out pops a 1923 merc which makes 25 fty for me. I tried not to rub it in, but I had to tell him he just missed silver:lol: So we ended up both getting silver and as we were finishing up near where we had parked I saw a $10 bill laying against the curb just waiting for me to pick him up and put him in my wallet:laughing: I think that's my first paper money find. All in all another fun sunday morning hunt.

needless to say, you don't hunt with the mojave anymore?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

A little better outing for you Scott than for Travis but still you both came home winners. Congrats on the Merc, the Wheat's and the eyeball $10. Trapper
Thanks Trapper!
Nice find guys!!! Now time to hunt the houses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're going to run out of curbstrips soon...then we'll have to doorknock:lol:
Very nice. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Thank you!
Congrats on a great hunt, I hope you bought lunch with the ten spot, especially after scooping up the Merc. lol I hate and have more than once my buddy go over a spot and yell--Hey how did you miss this ? DANG how did I ? Just goes to show The swing, the speed, the angle all play a part. Still want to try some curbstrips. HH Mark
Our curbstrips are really narrow...less than 24" and usually we don't find much. This was one of our better curbstrip hunts.
needless to say, you don't hunt with the mojave anymore?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Had and hour yesterday between jobs and had the mojave with me. Did a little woods hunting, but didn't find anything.
Lol......hey I heard the Merc..........Toad needed a silver, so I decided I would leave him one!!
I appreciate it brother!
:laughing:that’s what I was figuring ;)

Congrats to you both on the silver day!
Thanks GS!
Congrats on the silver; nice merc. :woot:
Thanks!
Congrats on a very nice hunt and the ten spot.
Thank you!

Was going through my other finds from sunday and found a mud encrusted button that I had forgotten about. It cleaned up nicely. It says HORSTMANN PHILA on the back. There's still some coat fibers on the shank.

Attachments

• 20190522_071509_HDR.jpg
    20190522_071509_HDR.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 20190522_071526_HDR.jpg
    20190522_071526_HDR.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 218
Congrats on a successful hunt. Finding a Merc is great then to augment it with a ten spot.... Fantastic!

Was going through my other finds from sunday and found a mud encrusted button that I had forgotten about. It cleaned up nicely. It says HORSTMANN PHILA on the back. There's still some coat fibers on the shank.

super find! time period?..i am 'loaded" with curb strips here in new england!
never run out! havin' a blast with the "mojave" great little detector! you was smart to buy one, can't be found anywhere now! already gone up in value!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom