Cleaning rust off coins/items

skaldragon

If you guys can help me I would love to know of an inexpensive way to clean my finds that doesn't require electrolysis and it can be easily done?

How nice do you want them, like good enough to turn in to the bank? Or to keep and show?

keep and show for a while until we can figure out it's value if it's anything...we can't even tell what one item is which is covered in rust

Yes rust on coins idk but we found an item that is really rusty and have no idea on how to rid of the rust???:?::?::?::?:

cheapest way is to soak them in water, distilled water is best. each day take them out and pat dry or use a soft brush. you can also freeze them in water then thaw, the expansoin can lift some material from the coin. It takes time but it's a cheap and safe way to clean coins

cheapest way is to soak them in water, distilled water is best. each day take them out and pat dry or use a soft brush. you can also freeze them in water then thaw, the expansoin can lift some material from the coin. It takes time but it's a cheap and safe way to clean coins

Ok we will try this since it seems what we are doing isn't helping with ridding of the materials we want to rid of

Do you have any pictures you can post of the items?

Well we found out the item..it appears we had some old rust away sprays that take a while to remove the rust and it was a round piece of metal...it sucks but we will learn as much as we can when doing this stuff..however we used salt/vinegar to shine the coins and hot water for now to clean them off...it's doing enough to make it sort of legible

Back
Top Bottom