Bluetooth 5.0

I finally decided on this set-up: Trond BT Duo V5.0 with Aptx-LL($30.48 total) and the Aukey EP-B80 BT V5.0 earbuds with Aptx-LL and over the ear hooks($50.00 total).Won't have them for a few days,but I'm sure they will work as expected.I wanted the earbuds for hot weather and I have a set of over the ear headphones for cool weather.I read somewhere that many people have a problem with plain in the ear earbuds not staying in,so I looked for the hanger type.Sound like a good set-up?

Thanks for the post. Please provide a link for the Trond BT ear buds. I can only find them for $80.00.

Pacer,
The Trond BT DUO is the transmitter and the Aukeys are the earbuds.Ya,on Amazon and other sites, the red color are priced at $79.99 and other colors are priced at $69.99.The ones I found were Grey and were $50 plus free shipping.Seems that there was only one pair at that price so I was lucky.The web site is called MERCARi and it looks as though they sell mostly single items at a time.Keep checking them and they may have another one in the future.
https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m39...RnCHGFVZTY-rACd60FA1zjt9eQqOpmtoaAtcSEALw_wcBHere is their list of BT headphones and buds:https://www.mercari.com/search/?categoryIds=1594&facets=2&itemConditions=1&length=30

Last edited:
G'day Dirt.. I buy bud hooks on line stupid-cheap.
Can get large, external hooks or mini in-ear hooks
7b237a8ef37a389da6689e97e3746fdf.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I finally decided on this set-up: Trond BT Duo V5.0 with Aptx-LL($30.48 total) and the Aukey EP-B80 BT V5.0 earbuds with Aptx-LL and over the ear hooks($50.00 total).Won't have them for a few days,but I'm sure they will work as expected.I wanted the earbuds for hot weather and I have a set of over the ear headphones for cool weather.I read somewhere that many people have a problem with plain in the ear earbuds not staying in,so I looked for the hanger type.Sound like a good set-up?

Dirt Picker, once you receive them, would you be kind enough to post your results. I'm interested in how easy they pair and if there is any lag. Thanks!

Sure will Pacer.I had planned to do just that.From what I've read,some users report that the B80s have "white noise".That is one thing I will be checking for.However, they are said to be very good buds with very little lag.MERCARi shipped them out right away and I should receive them by Friday.Ordered the Trond BT T/R last Sunday but, S-L-O-W 'Fulfilled by Amazon' has not shipped it yet.

Update:$50 Aukey B80 Earbuds

Heads-up.The reason the prices are so reduced on the MERCARi web site is that they are a Reseller of Returned Merchandise.The return address was from a thrift and resell store.Although the add said 'New",the ear buds I received were not New in a factory sealed box.The box had been opened and items removed (used ?) then repacked and returned.It looks new and all parts were in box,but I will not know how well the buds work until I receive the Trond transmitter from Amazon.Now scheduled to deliver next Wednesday,a week and a half from time ordered.

Dirt Picker, once you receive them, would you be kind enough to post your results. I'm interested in how easy they pair and if there is any lag. Thanks![/QUOTE

Pacer,
The Trond T/R came today and I did an initial test.They paired perfectly and the latency is not noticable.I am very pleased with the set-up.Also,I'm using these on my favorite machine,the White's DFX,so I am able to change volume,tone,threshold,etc.to my likes.Works and sounds great.
Good luck on whatever you decide.

Dirt Picker, once you receive them, would you be kind enough to post your results. I'm interested in how easy they pair and if there is any lag. Thanks![/QUOTE

Pacer,
The Trond T/R came today and I did an initial test.They paired perfectly and the latency is not noticable.I am very pleased with the set-up.Also,I'm using these on my favorite machine,the White's DFX,so I am able to change volume,tone,threshold,etc.to my likes.Works and sounds great.
Good luck on whatever you decide.

Good to hear appreciate you taking the time to update us!

Back
Top Bottom