Coin of unknown origin?

TNCSHOOTER

What kind of coin, what kind of metal, any value other than it's an old coin? I have no Idea. It's nearly the size of a US half dollar. Any help appretiated.

Attachments

• 071607 001.jpg
    071607 001.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 607
  • 071607 003.jpg
    071607 003.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 601

Attachments

• IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_0508.JPG
    IMG_0508.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 686
What a find!!! WTG!!!:wow:
HEM here is a coin I detected in Diego Garcia about 10 years ago. Thought you might be interested in seeing it.

Yep :yes: its a Mauritian 10 cents (the 1947 is rare) :) So you have been working in the U.S Military base of Diego, nice place to stay :cool:, should not forgot that all the Islands found in the Indian Ocean have been nest of pirates. I don't think that after you there are more people Mding in Diego now.

Attachments

• 120-33[1].jpg
    120-33[1].jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 474
Yep :yes: its a Mauritian 10 cents (the 1947 is rare) :) So you have been working in the U.S Military base of Diego, nice place to stay :cool:, should not forgot that all the Islands found in the Indian Ocean have been nest of pirates. I don't think that after you there are more people Mding in Diego now.

When I was there I had the only one on the Island, but the Brits wouldn't let me detect. BIOT (British Indian Ocean Territory) Police were pretty strict about it. Even ROPO One (the top cop) who was a friend was strict. I got the coin before i knew you couldn't hunt the Island without their permission and anything I found was property of the Queen, so I didn't use it often. I would have loved to get it out there more though.

When I was there I had the only one on the Island, but the Brits wouldn't let me detect. BIOT (British Indian Ocean Territory) Police were pretty strict about it. Even ROPO One (the top cop) who was a friend was strict. I got the coin before i knew you couldn't hunt the Island without their permission and anything I found was property of the Queen, so I didn't use it often. I would have loved to get it out there more though.

This mean that you were the only one to have MD there and you were very lucky, Gods knows what you could have found there if they let you MD :?:. It is suprising to see that there are still LOTS of potential places where someone can MD.
The latest news, is that Diego will be return back to there Islanders. This is being debated at the British Court of laws. It seems to be very positive for the Islanders...

This mean that you were the only one to have MD there and you were very lucky, Gods knows what you could have found there if they let you MD :?:. It is suprising to see that there are still LOTS of potential places where someone can MD.
The latest news, is that Diego will be return back to there Islanders. This is being debated at the British Court of laws. It seems to be very positive for the Islanders...

Yes, I was the only one with a metal detector. Best of luck with the British Courts. The Island is absolutely beautiful and a nice palce to stay, as you said.

Sorry TNC SHOOTER, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Back
Top Bottom