Sunday Hunt

diggin4clad

Elite Member
On Sunday, Sue and I detected a sports complex that has four soccer fields, two regulation size and two smaller ones. Right next to one of the smaller fields is a snack bar with about a dozen picnic tables. We spent two and a half hours detecting and did well, getting 104 coins with a face value of $14.29. After detecting we stopped off at a small pub in a very small town in the Northeast corner of Connecticut for a bite to eat and some liquid refreshment. Only a handful of adult locals inside so it was nice and quiet in there.

Attachments

• IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Ok, so 'fess up : Who got the more of those 104 coins ? Did you git spanked ? :laughing:

Congrats on the clad! Surprised your coils didnt sweep up some jewelry there.

Congrats on the clad! Surprised your coils didnt sweep up some jewelry there.

Thanks TJ......soccer fields usually will produce a ring or two but so far not this one. We've hit this site three times so far and have taken $36 in clad. There's still a lot of ground to cover there so maybe we'll score a ring.

Nice day! Looks like a juicy IPA or a wheat beer
Thanks eTXOne...........you're right about the beer. It's an unfiltered IPA named "Two Juicy". The flavor was a combination of fruit ( grapefruit, orange, and tangerine) blended with Bavarian hops. The flavor was very good and worthy of a second round. :yes:

Last edited:
$14.26 in 2 hours jeez I find that in like a month.
Hunts like this one are few and far between lately and actually we each hunted for two and a half hours so in reality it was five hours hunt time. Nevertheless it was still a very productive hunt. Still a lot of ground to cover there so we're hoping we'll find a lot more next time.

That's quite the clad haul! I like the ratio of quarters to pennies that you got. Around here I find over 50% of modern coins are pennies. :(

Thanks CMGrey......Notching out zinc pennies helps the quarter/penny ratio.
We're both trying to preserve our knees by not digging zincs, which there are quite a few of. If we miss an occasional good item by doing this we can live with it. There are some zincs in this group that Sue dug because it was a spill of seven of them which gave off a higher numbered ID.

Was all that from grass ? I've been poking around some soccer fields with lots of hits. Guess I need to start digging. Great finds.

Was all that from grass ? I've been poking around some soccer fields with lots of hits. Guess I need to start digging. Great finds.

Every single one of them was from grass. Depths ranged from a few just barely under the surface to 6-7 inches deep. The majority were in the 3-5 inch range.

Back
Top Bottom