Ttf

REDOC

Forum Supporter
Hey just a quick one for the experts. I've always just went off the relic pattern when using TTF but I saw a clip where CAPlug had half his screen disc. out. Looked like everything left of 25 or so. Any thoughts.

Hey just a quick one for the experts. I've always just went off the relic pattern when using TTF but I saw a clip where CAPlug had half his screen disc. out. Looked like everything left of 25 or so. Any thoughts.

Yeah, it's a version of the famous "Bill's Trashy Park " program, it's very popular, I'm guessing 90% of the user using discrimination are either using that or Andy S coin program.

Maybe not an expert but,,,the reason a person runs TTF is to keep audio gate open,,,no nulling or is it????
Actually to some makes targets easier to hear (stand out)

What I am about to say,,,may be unbelievable to some so here goes,,,,all TTF does is make targets easier for some folks to hear.

What does this mean,,,,any and every target detected in TTF can be detecte and heard in conductive mode.

I should also point out,,,depending on target's conductivity,,,depth,,and ground minerals levels,,,,TTF will not alert user to all depth detectable with higher tone.

Reason: TTF using etrac,,,comes with a preset cutoff at I beleive ferrous line 17,,,so if a target hits higher than ferrous level 17,,, low tone is sounded.
This same target would be detected using conductive mode,,,but make sure disc line on ferrous is not over done.

Also,,,a user can drop a coin say a dime on the ground,,,go to TTF and sweep dime,,,continue sweeping while raising coil,,,watch what happens as the distance gets near fringe detectable....tone should start transitioning from a high tone to a (no dig) low tone.

Cheers

Thanks

Yea I have Andy's in the one spot, TTF in the second and go back and forth. And I have the trashy park also and my own. I thought I read from goes4ever or somewhere that the best/only way to use TTF is with a open screen or top/bottom disc a little. Never seen whole left screen done. Newby still learning.

Now some folks try and use 4TF,,,but it is not set up right either IMO.

Minelab made a mistake here,,,they should have made ferrous line adjustable while using 2TF,,,if they would have,,,a big plus.

CTX,,I beleive a user has the flexibility to do.

Forgot to say,,,folks who love where dirt is milder like in Midwest can get away with using 2TF more,,and not leave good targets in the ground.

My area,,2TF is a no no.

Yea I hear ya. What I'm getting ready to do is some DEEP silver hunting. Ca. ground is in winter mode where you can actually dig a deep plug. Just seems to me you get more iffy signals in conductive tone on a deep signal where TTF in really night and day with iron around.

Last edited:
Maybe not an expert but,,,the reason a person runs TTF is to keep audio gate open,,,no nulling or is it????
Actually to some makes targets easier to hear (stand out)

What I am about to say,,,may be unbelievable to some so here goes,,,,all TTF does is make targets easier for some folks to hear.

What does this mean,,,,any and every target detected in TTF can be detecte and heard in conductive mode.

I should also point out,,,depending on target's conductivity,,,depth,,and ground minerals levels,,,,TTF will not alert user to all depth detectable with higher tone.

Reason: TTF using etrac,,,comes with a preset cutoff at I beleive ferrous line 17,,,so if a target hits higher than ferrous level 17,,, low tone is sounded.
This same target would be detected using conductive mode,,,but make sure disc line on ferrous is not over done.

Also,,,a user can drop a coin say a dime on the ground,,,go to TTF and sweep dime,,,continue sweeping while raising coil,,,watch what happens as the distance gets near fringe detectable....tone should start transitioning from a high tone to a (no dig) low tone.

Cheers

I would agree with most of what TN has said with only (not right or wrong) a couple different takes on TTF

It does allow the user to hunt by tone more that focusing on the screen. Especially when the upper left 60%(roughly) is disced out. If it's a high tone it's is generally non ferrous, and dig. While some deeper coins have hit FE numbers below the 17 line which is the low tone, remember the deeper signals FE is normally so jumpy when working a target you will get highs and lows any way.

Defiantly try it it will help you learn the machine, the infamous Goes4ever hunts this way much of the time and does extremely well on deep silver and base some great info on it on his website.

Good point

Now some folks try and use 4TF,,,but it is not set up right either IMO.

Minelab made a mistake here,,,they should have made ferrous line adjustable while using 2TF,,,if they would have,,,a big plus.

CTX,,I beleive a user has the flexibility to do.

Forgot to say,,,folks who love where dirt is milder like in Midwest can get away with using 2TF more,,and not leave good targets in the ground.

My area,,2TF is a no no.

Yea I remember reading that and you can do it with the 3030. I was messing with 4TF also with a little disc up to around the 27 line or so which actually turned it into 3TF. Just like the night and day of the TTF.

Last edited:
Looking deep

Yea with the rain out here have to take advantage of it here when you can. Still will be dynamite ground by summer. So open to any and all suggestions for deep silver. Yea lil bigger NEL coil maybe. Mild to clean ground in my hot "old" spots and my others are mixed in with a lot of iron. Live in old town so lots of spots around.

I have been following Goesforever post a long time.
He does very well.
I think his soil is mild too.

One other comment,,,not to take any thing away from Goesforever,,,,but door knocking,,,a lot of times,,,it is one time shot hunting- I think.

Could a person run conductive behind a TTF runner using etrac and make some additional finds???

I say likely or possible.

The reason I say this,,,I have a milder soil site,,,silver or copper colocated with nails,,,found using Minelab wiggle,,,ferrous number stayed deep on screen,,like went 28 up to may 24 tops. Seen this on multiple good finds.

Yea burned a lot of printer paper at that site. Haaaaa

Here is a video Bill made, good stuff.

I don't use it all the time but frequently, really depends on the site I'm on and the mood I'm in. It's a nice change, if you're attacking a site and hearing the same tones without much success, I'll flip to TTF for a change in game plan.

Last edited:
Thanks

I have been following Goesforever post a long time.
He does very well.
I think his soil is mild too.

One other comment,,,not to take any thing away from Goesforever,,,,but door knocking,,,a lot of times,,,it is one time shot hunting- I think.

Could a person run conductive behind a TTF runner using etrac and make some additional finds???

I say likely or possible.

The reason I say this,,,I have a milder soil site,,,silver or copper colocated with nails,,,found using Minelab wiggle,,,ferrous number stayed deep on screen,,like went 28 up to may 24 tops. Seen this on multiple good finds.
Yes this is the year I'm a knocking. Never really liked bothering anybody but the ground is right and there is many a primo home around here.

Yes this is the year I'm a knocking. Never really liked bothering anybody but the ground is right and there is many a primo home around here.

Wish you luck.

I usually don't door knock,,,rather try and network my way around. Some of the older folks I know health is bad,,some have died,,,I can envision big problems for me in the future,,,,lots of folks moving in and buying estate land when it does sell.

Most buyers seem to be guarded,,,not very open to detecting so far.

Here is a video Bill made, good stuff.

I don't use it all the time but frequently, really depends on the site I'm on and the mood I'm in. It's a nice change, if you're attacking a site and hearing the same tones without much success, I'll flip to TTF for a change in game plan.

https://m.youtube.com/#/user/DirtFishing

You made some good points here.

I, too get bored at times,,,need something different to listen to,,,to keep my attention span sharp.

TTF will and does net you the cleaner coins in a trashy environment. But you will and do miss the deeper and/or nastier goodies. I'm not opposed to TTF at all. Use it to get the easier targets. Then move to a more aggressive tactic I show in this video. You don't have to run the fe as low as I show in the vid. I've now adjusted that to 28. If nothing else my video will be an eye opener even if you don't use it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9lD8YBXGs
Or you can simply use Bills Trashy program and open the fe down to 28 to snag coins like this'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj3tKZ_dW0M

I always tell folks,,,tone and cursor position(s) the tell all on the deeper stuff,,especially commingled with iron and nails.

Gotta sort through the high false ps though,,,go real slow,,,will make sounds easier for your brain to process.

Nulling,,,areas where one gets null,,,don't discount right off the bat,,,slow coil swing to a crawl,,,wiggles, etc,,,,,target might break through-- unscientific really but can work.

Back
Top Bottom