Head scratching find. Anyone?

Rucus

I am not sure this is the correct area to ask this. There should be a forum called "head scratching finds". Anyone have any idea what this hunk of metal could be? The coil throws me off quite a bit. Ideas anyone?
1d8f5b92fee328d11aecc11127ec1fed.jpg
553e98c9c06f79a19c944ed3dd44e621.jpg
7a50fc2c6f5f35cb24609cc8f15c54a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I believe its a old voltage regulator off a vehicle . Have not seen one since I was a young lad .

I believe its a old voltage regulator off a vehicle . Have not seen one since I was a young lad .
Thank you Pastor. Rough guess on the age of this thing?

I am not sure this is the correct area to ask this. There should be a forum called "head scratching finds".

Here ya go, I move this to the correct forum for you.

I'm Going go along with the Pastor on this as well. Old tractors used them also. Regulators were used on engines that ran generators for the charging system.

I'm Going go along with the Pastor on this as well. Old tractors used them also. Regulators were used on engines that ran generators for the charging system.

Alternators have to use voltage regulators too, they used to be large and externally mounted and then became smaller, solid state and are now internal to the alternator.

I am not sure this is the correct area to ask this. There should be a forum called "head scratching finds". Anyone have any idea what this hunk of metal could be? The coil throws me off quite a bit. Ideas anyone?
1d8f5b92fee328d11aecc11127ec1fed.jpg
553e98c9c06f79a19c944ed3dd44e621.jpg
7a50fc2c6f5f35cb24609cc8f15c54a2.jpg

Gosh thats my wifes meatloaf

Alternators have to use voltage regulators too, they used to be large and externally mounted and then became smaller, solid state and are now internal to the alternator.

Thanks for the info. I'm no expert mechanic, and have forgotten a lot of stuff that I know I used to know, :lol:, really. I was trying to think back, because I could swear I had a car that I had to replace the regulator on, but I can't remember which one, :?:,,

Thanks for the info. I'm no expert mechanic, and have forgotten a lot of stuff that I know I used to know, :lol:, really. I was trying to think back, because I could swear I had a car that I had to replace the regulator on, but I can't remember which one, :?:,,

Was it a Dodge product? They used (maybe still use?) external voltage regulators, although solid state, a flat black or chrome box with epoxy or gel on the underside over the components?

s-l300.jpg

Was it a Dodge product? They used (maybe still use?) external voltage regulators, although solid state, a flat black or chrome box with epoxy or gel on the underside over the components?

s-l300.jpg

Nope, never owned a Dodge product. Fords and Chevys . My 1st car was a 66 Buick Special. Oldest was a 60 Chevy pickup, and a 60 or 62 Impala SS. Can't remember which year. Then a 70 Torino GT. I just can't remember what I used to replace them on, mine or someone else's.

Back
Top Bottom