800 won't power up!!! ARGH!!!

pryan67

Forum Supporter
I tried to roll back the update, and it failed. Detector shut off at that point, and now it won't power up.

Anyone ever seen this and have a fix, or do I need to send it in?

Any audio or completely dead?

Completely dead. Won't power on at all. Battery was low Friday after a hunt so I plugged it in. Didn't notice if it was fully charged or not.

Plugged it into the computer and tried to roll back the update. It failed (twice), and powered off. Computer said "USB device not recognized" (to be expected if the USB device powers off of course), then Nox wouldn't power on at all.

Plugged it into a different wall charger and seeing if that does any good. The green light is flashing, so it appears to be charging, but still won't power up as of a couple minutes ago (it's been charging about an hour)

Different problem than mine. I will say when I sent mine in the ML service dept. was outstanding and very fast. From the day I shipped until I got back was only a week.

Different problem than mine. I will say when I sent mine in the ML service dept. was outstanding and very fast. From the day I shipped until I got back was only a week.

Thanks for the responses.

They're only about an hour from me, so hopefully turn around will be quicker. I may try to drop it off to them to swap it out if they'll do that. Although I likely won't be hunting until the weekend anyway due to work getting in the way.

Dang I hope it powers on and was just out of charge. Good luck!

Thanks...I hope so too...I KNOW that there's a super bowl ring sitting out there in my local park just waiting for me....but someone will find it the day before minelab sends it back if I have to send it in :)

Thanks...I hope so too...I KNOW that there's a super bowl ring sitting out there in my local park just waiting for me....but someone will find it the day before minelab sends it back if I have to send it in :)

Hmmmm, time to get out the At pro!:yes::D

Hmmmm, time to get out the At pro!:yes::D

I plan on it... :) If I can get out at all this week. I have to teach martial arts tomorrow evening, and then Tuesday I'll be out of town for work (heading to Fort Wayne and won't have time to detect there :( ) so maybe Wednesday, when it's supposed to rain of course.

I called them this morning and left a message. Within 3 minutes they called me back. I got an RMA and it's on its way back to them (just the coil and the control unit). The only downside is that I had to pay return shipping to them. I guess I've been spoiled by Garrett :)

Mine went to Illinois. I thought that was where the new service center is.

That's what I was hoping for as well....that way I could have potentially driven it down there myself and saved time (if they swapped it out rather than repair it)

Maybe they're starting to repair rather than replace.

Word is that the sealed unit is not repairable. If it's not either the battery or the software, they will replace it.

Word is that the sealed unit is not repairable. If it's not either the battery or the software, they will replace it.

I'm assuming it's the software, since it was working until I tried to roll back the update, and after that failed is when it "died"

I'm assuming it's the software, since it was working until I tried to roll back the update, and after that failed is when it "died"

I loaded new and older software in my unit over 8 times yesterday going back and forth. My unit still purrs like a kitten.

I sent my Pro-Pointer 35 out yesterday.. It went to Il.. they should have it tomorrow.. Hopefully I'll have it back by Mon. This wuill be the second one that they replaced.. nothing but good things to say about ML service. I hope that yours has a quick turn around. HH

I sent my Pro-Pointer 35 out yesterday.. It went to Il.. they should have it tomorrow.. Hopefully I'll have it back by Mon. This wuill be the second one that they replaced.. nothing but good things to say about ML service. I hope that yours has a quick turn around. HH

I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service, which is why I was surprised that I had to send it to PA, and pay the shipping. No big deal, I'm just spoiled :)

They received it today. Hopefully I get it back early next week

Back
Top Bottom