The clad dump schoolyard...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
To beat the heat, I went out at sunrise for a Dirtchurch dig at a school built in the 1950's that I'd never been to until this morning...and I seriously doubt anyone else has hunted here recently as the place was absolutely polluted with clad. Recovering about 70 targets from just a small area in a couple hours wore me out, I haven't dug so much so quick in like 5 years:lol: Detector used was a Explorer XS running a 6x8 SEF... Underneath it all there was several wheats and a couple keepers though... Everything...the 4 wheats and $8.75 in dirty change the ring... Haven't been out digging much at all so here's a sad statistic...it's June and this is my very first piece of sterling this year and the lack of hunting means the silver count is suffering too, the Merc is only #15:( Digging clad definitely isn't my thing:lol: but I'll be visiting the school again as no doubt there's also a decent amount of silver left in the yard...summer vacation is about to begin so I'm not limited to weekends either:cool: That's it for this outing so thanks for the looks and see you after the next...Happy Hunting!

Congrats on a real fine Dirtchurch outing Bruce. Great to see you doing a little dirt fishing and from the sounds of it you have a very fine new site to ravage for some time to come. Finding Sterling this year for me has been tough so I'm glad you got your first for the year with the Ring along with the Merc. Trapper

Very cool ring, hebrew symbol chai or symbol for life. And nice merc too! I love digging clad, pennies can become tiresome but sometimes those signals produce other goodies.

Captain's lesson .. the early bird gets the worms .
And silver đź‘Ť
I would be looking forward to a small nap after.
Great hunting report.

Wow, that's quite a haul! Around where I live, I'm leery of detecting on school grounds because of the risk of someone calling the police. And I know the quad is littered with clad because my son, who just graduated, said the quad is full of quarters because no one bothers to pick up dropped change.

Wow, that's quite a haul! Around where I live, I'm leery of detecting on school grounds because of the risk of someone calling the police. And I know the quad is littered with clad because my son, who just graduated, said the quad is full of quarters because no one bothers to pick up dropped change.

Would you feel ok about playing catch with your son there...or walking your dog??? Well the police will be called eventually on you. Been there too many times here in my own city. ALL of the officers know me by now. No big deal but shovels might be pushing it.

You ain't doing nothing wrong so don't act or think like it.

Nosy miserable people are always a threat to this hobby.

LOVE the finds!

Nice going on finding a new spot to hunt! I love silver rings, grats on your silvers!

Would you feel ok about playing catch with your son there...or walking your dog??? Well the police will be called eventually on you. Been there too many times here in my own city. ALL of the officers know me by now. No big deal but shovels might be pushing it.

You ain't doing nothing wrong so don't act or think like it.

Nosy miserable people are always a threat to this hobby.

LOVE the finds!

Those are prophetic words Rob.. so often we do feel like we are doing something wrong... It reminds me of the bumper stickers we used to see in California.. "Skateboarding is NOT a Crime" maybe we need one for Metal Detecting.

hey Bruce, a great hunt. Its not easy to find a spot that is not worn out. My xlt no longer operates so I haven't been out in about 7 months but water hunting is still on the list. see you soon

I'd be thrilled with a hunt like that! I've only found one silver so far, a 1952 Roosevelt at a school built in the mid-1970s. Congrats! Those are the kind of days that I look forward to!

Back
Top Bottom