Tesoro Compadre

bibelot

Forum Supporter
Does no one like the Tesoro Compadre? It is never mentioned for being a great starter machine ? It's $160, lifetime warranty, ever so simple, one control knob, distinguishes targets very well, especially coins and good targets. It's not the deepest runner but you will find a ton of stuff in the first 5" of dirt anyways. I've moved on towards "better machines" but will always keep the Compadre that I started out on.

Here is a little thread about it...quite a few people seem to be into it and this thread started a religion.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=87892

Also look closer at all threads talking about starter/beginner detectors...in just about every one at least one person pops up suggesting a Compadre.
Also threads about jewelry hunting, tot lot hunting, fence line hunting and being successful in hard hit iron filled crop fields when pickings get slim.

Does no one like the Tesoro Compadre? It is never mentioned for being a great starter machine ? It's $160, lifetime warranty, ever so simple, one control knob, distinguishes targets very well, especially coins and good targets. It's not the deepest runner but you will find a ton of stuff in the first 5" of dirt anyways. I've moved on towards "better machines" but will always keep the Compadre that I started out on.

Very solid starter machine and machine for the seasoned hunter. Ill grab the Compadre from time to time and dig those trashy spots.

Is that mud they're slinging ?or praise they're singing ?I 'm preaching to the choir,sorry for the post then.

Speaking about preaching to the choir...can you sing?
Slingshot can't carry a tune in a bucket and we have been trying to replace him for years since he throws off every hymn...badly.
Tryouts at our next meeting. :laughing:

Last edited:
Slingshot can't carry a tune in a bucket and we have trying to replace him for years since he throws off every hymn...badly.
He just has sensitive hearing-can't take a little kabong! And all I said that may be sacrilegious was I wanted a yellow Compadre.
Think about it- most finds are in the 3-4" range of where most hobbyists search. Rings fall in the iron, foil, nickel, tab, square tab region- and guess what region the Compadre gives the most depth? And try getting a coin next to a metal pole with any other detector with a 6-8" coil. And how many have an audio that, with practice, can give an estimate of size, composition, and depth of a target?
Hey, do you just enjoy getting me started?:lol:

In the right hands the Tesoro Compadre is deadly. The Compadre should never be under estimated because of its low price, small size and simplicity. I heard that Tesoro sprinkles fairy dust on the electronics during assembly to get it to do things that other detectors can't. That may be just a rumor though.

beephead

Slingshot can't carry a tune in a bucket and we have trying to replace him for years since he throws off every hymn...badly.
:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom