Quick reference for key date US coins?

SoKyHunter

The misses and I have been sorting our change jars this past week. A side from sorting wheats, coppers and silvers, is there a quick reference of key dates to look for?

Current sorting:

Wheats
Mostly copper (65-82)
Pre-65 silver
Buffalos
War nickels

I've got about $150 ready for deposit, but I'm wondering if there's hidden valuables in there to make it worth going through again.

The misses and I have been sorting our change jars this past week. A side from sorting wheats, coppers and silvers, is there a quick reference of key dates to look for?

Current sorting:

Wheats
Mostly copper (65-82)
Pre-65 silver
Buffalos
War nickels

I've got about $150 ready for deposit, but I'm wondering if there's hidden valuables in there to make it worth going through again.

They are worth going through. There are 3 and 3 and a half legged buffalos. As well as Steel 1944 and Copper 1943 Wheats. Also 1914 D Wheats are rare as well. 1916 D Mercs are worth quite some money as well. Oh and 1955 DDO Wheats are worth thousands of thousands of dollars. As for the copper. I started investing in copper. So I would suggest holding on to all of your copper. But the 1969 S DDO Cents are worth a lot as well.

Yea i have found a 1998 wide AM penny not a bank buster but wait also found a 1992 close AM penny very nice and rare. And shows not that old penny can be worth some money

I'd suggest grabbing a copy of The Cherrypicker's Guide by Fivas and Stanton. I got a decent used copy for a good price on amazon.

Coin Study is by far my favorite. Their prices aren't always spot on, but they are good about saying which coins are worth more than the others.

Back
Top Bottom