18 day slump broken... silvers 9 and 10

bobac

Elite Member
well.....been staring at the snow outside for the last few weeks and going crazy......I'd say we still have 7-10 inches on the ground.....:mad:
So at the cost of a 500 mile trip in my Jeep I found some green grass to hunt.....
The first park was a scary ridiculous DUD .....An hour there and I was really sweating my decision to road trip......
2nd park, just as dead, but very very huge....I toughed it out for a few hours....Nothing but shallow low tones everywhere.....I just kept pushing through.....looking for something deep.....I dug a few odds and ends signals and was getting frustrated and dejected....was getting late and my arm was sore...I had just switched over and swinging with my left when I saw an intriguing signal, deep penny signal...12-39 @10 ....hmmmm.....I'm thinkin this could have a chance........I pulled out my new/used Bloggie for its first field test. I kept swiping the target and man was this signal iffy....jumping from 9" to 11" but hangin right in the 12-39 12-40 area.....I was so tired I almost walked away....but I was excited to try the new camera....so I started recording , for a good couple minutes....trying to decide if it was worth pursuing .....Since it was so deep and I didn't have my camera mount at that point I set the camera down and dug....when I got the pinpointer beeping I put the camera in the hole and pulled the coin out and started cleaning it off then when I went to shut the camera off I noticed it was just starting to record ....DOHHHHH!!!:mad: I did manage to record all the VDIs as I was scanning , but not the dig/recovery.....probably won't upload that one......
Anyway it was a deep Barber and I was so so glad my trip wasn't a complete waste......
Headed back to my jeep tried along the sidewalk.....I managed a 7-8 inch clean dime signal. This time I was right next to my vehicle , so I grabbed my monopod and did another full dig recording. and I got to play the ONE DIME GAME :p ......
So anyway.....I got my 2nd silver to make the trip home a bit more bearable .....This was the 2nd silver vid https://youtu.be/SGhCosWK73Y

Attachments

• IMGP5009.jpg
    IMGP5009.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 444
  • 20180319_122401 BBBBBBBBB.jpg
    20180319_122401 BBBBBBBBB.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 439
  • 20180319_122134 BBBBBBBBBBBB.jpg
    20180319_122134 BBBBBBBBBBBB.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 439
  • 20180319_122445 BBBBBBBBBBB.jpg
    20180319_122445 BBBBBBBBBBB.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 462
  • 20180319_122237 BBBBBBBBBBBB.jpg
    20180319_122237 BBBBBBBBBBBB.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 432
  • IMGP5017 BBBBBBBBBB.jpg
    IMGP5017 BBBBBBBBBB.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 419
Not bad at all mate, some decent age there too. silvers always great but when it breaks a dry spell it's extra special. fantastic condition, did you need to do much cleaning?

Man you finished strong, those are some sweet silvers right there. Congrats. Bet you were grinning all the way home.

cleaning

Not bad at all mate, some decent age there too. silvers always great but when it breaks a dry spell it's extra special. fantastic condition, did you need to do much cleaning?

Silvers generally come out of the ground pretty clean. I couldn't get all the dirt out of the lettering on the Barber dime so I did scrub it a bit more than I should have , but just with a soft wet Q-tip.....I probably wouldn't have risked it with a key coin.

Enjoyed the video Bob, awesome live dig on the Seated. That along made your road trip worth while. Glad your dry spell has evaporated. I imagine there may be a few more road trip adventures in the future. Congrats! Trapper

That's a loooong trip to do some swinging! At least you got something to show for it, congrats!

road trip

Enjoyed the video Bob, awesome live dig on the Seated. That along made your road trip worth while. Glad your dry spell has evaporated. I imagine there may be a few more road trip adventures in the future. Congrats! Trapper

thanks Trapper.

by the looks of your posts, I better set my destination for Wisconsin .:shock::D

500 miles for a barber and a seated ? 👀
No question about it . When you going back?
👍
Beutiful saves !!!
And great post.
Dew

Looks like the trip was well worth it. Awesome saves. You talk about silver slump, I've only got three FTY and one is a twisted, tortured and barely recognizable dime. So from where I'm sittin' your doing pretty good. Congrats ! HH Mark

Finding a seated liberty and finding a Barber dime sounds like it's worth having that kind of dry spell. At least to me. :grin:

Awesome finds! That early Barber is in nice shape and the seated isn't bad either. A seated anything would make my day! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom