Went to the After Work “Gym” – Scored 2 Silvers

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I hadn’t been to “Penny Beach” in over a month and really couldn’t go anywhere else. Miami Beach was way too rough and the tides weren’t right as well so I decided for a workout hunt right after dismissal at my school. What was funny is for the 2nd time in a row going to this beach there was another hunter there when I arrived. I have gone a whole year without seeing anyone there so he must’ve had similar thoughts about what beach to hit considering the rough conditions in other areas. I decided to head South along the beach from the other pirate. I even went further than I normally do which is away from the more populated section of the beach and that’s when the large silver ring came up. It seemed I was hitting targets consistently with Noxy throughout my entire 4 hour hunt. I knew I would go over 100 coins but was happy at the high amount of quarters. I was also a bit surprised that gold never showed up considering the amount of targets I dug. No matter, I got the workout I wanted and a couple of bonus silvers. (The item below “Molly” I thought would be a rivet but I now think it was an exploded bullet that was thrown into a fire :shock:).

Attachments

• 9-13-19.jpg
    9-13-19.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 733
  • 9-13-19 Silvers.jpg
    9-13-19 Silvers.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 619
Nice hunt Felix, man that's a lot of pennies....Congrats on the silver, I think the Gonja leaf might be pewter though..

Nice silver and coin count, Felix. Yep, that would be a workout.

I believe that bullet was traveling at least 2500 feet/second and ran into something fairly solid like the sand.
I concur as bullets thrown in a fire do not travel far enough or fast enough to do that kind of damage.
OK, I meant the casing not the lead bullet per say. I have never thrown a bullet into a fire, (I am a reasonably intelligent human being), but I have to imagine that it would look something like this if it didn't have the barrel to contain the controlled explosion of a bullet being shot.

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 394
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 410
OK, I meant the casing not the lead bullet per say. I have never thrown a bullet into a fire, (I am a reasonably intelligent human being), but I have to imagine that it would look something like this if it didn't have the barrel to contain the controlled explosion of a bullet being shot.

No, that is the copper jacket of a Bullet that has been shot out of a gun at high velocity and then hit something fairly solid.

What you found is the copper jacket that had been around a lead core. They separated upon impact.

A cartridge thrown in a fire will have Only the casing expand upon ignition. The copper jacketed bullet will remain intact and actually does not go far, maybe a few feet, and at low velocity.

No, that is the copper jacket of a Bullet that has been shot out of a gun at high velocity and then hit something fairly solid.

What you found is the copper jacket that had been around a lead core. They separated upon impact.

A cartridge thrown in a fire will have Only the casing expand upon ignition. The copper jacketed bullet will remain intact and actually does not go far, maybe a few feet, and at low velocity.
OK I understand now. GeorgeinSC tried to explain to me in a PM but I didn't get it. Thanks!

Good hunt Felix! That's a nice chunky silver ring -- I'd like to see it when it's cleaned up. But man I'd hate digging all those pennies. Is there something in your metabolism that attracts zinc?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom