F75 plowed field mode

MasonDixonMding

Elite Member
I’m using plowed field mode on my F75 I tried getting more information about plowed field mode with no luck. I’m trying to finger out the difference between dE default process and pf plowed field process. Does anyone know anything about these modes?

From my limited field time comparing them, I felt DE and PF worked very similar in the way of sweep speed and target response.

Where I noticed a slight difference was in some rpugh-plowed fields with a lot of 'clumps' the PF mode was a little quieter when there was some ground noise. However, that was not a constant issue because it depended on the ground mineral content, at times a moisture saturation condition, and me doing my part.

That means settings and I always Ground Balance to start and as needed when I notice
a change in ground conditions. Also, I usually use a Disc. setting of 6 or 7 so I have rejected some of the ground response.

Honestly, I seldom use PF.

Monte

Thanks for your help. The manual doesn’t say much about pf. I tried it on a half frozen field and I found a large cent. I’ve been using it ever since. I think I’m doing good with it? I’m always trying to learn more.

Thanks to both of you for your help. I found the comments from that post helpful. This part here. Registered: 16 years ago
IRT Disc settings......pf & de modes respond exactly the same. It is only a timing response that differs......and has nothing to do with Disc settings. Depth/performance between these two modes are nearly exactly the same. The pf mode does seem to work ever-so-slightly better in the real world due to uneven terrain; hence, giving a very slight edge in depth performance (stability) over de mode. So slight.....it's hard to measure.

This is how I thought my machine was working just wanted some reassurance.

Thanks again both of you.

I didn’t think of looking for t2 stuff. It sounds like they are very similar. Thanks for the help. This site is great. You can get help and pointers for all most everything.

Back
Top Bottom