Think I found my aptX Low Latency Ear Buds...

Sounds a bit of a pain but at least hopefully you won't need to do it very often.

Currently I am using a Taotronices Blue tooth transmitter (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency) on my Racer 2 to give me a a wireless function to my August EP650 headphones ...For a budget set up it works very well and has no noticeable lag...

I've been looking for a set of LL earbuds here in the UK, but the only already mentioned are fairly expensive and more than I want to spend for the use I will get...Therefore I think I am going try a Taotronics low latency Bluetooth reciever coupled with a set of wired ear buds (which I already own) and see how I get on...

No pain at all. Was out detecting today and did as I explained just to see how it goes. Went smoothly and only took a couple of minutes.

After 3 outings out with my new earbuds, happy to report they're functioning exactly has I had hoped they would. They pair flawlessly, are aptX low latency, crystal clear, no white noise and are very comfortable.

After 3 outings out with my new earbuds, happy to report they're functioning exactly has I had hoped they would. They pair flawlessly, are aptX low latency, crystal clear, no white noise and are very comfortable.

Thanks again for posting about these earbuds, pacer. I finally got fed up with my previous brand of earbuds (short run time, and dropped connections constantly), and I ordered a set of the Aukey EP-B80's a couple of weeks ago. I've had the chance to use them for about a half dozen hunts so far, and I have to say, I absolutely love them!

As you said, they paired almost immediately, great sound quality, stay in place, and I can wear them for hours in complete comfort! Longest hunt so far was about 4 hours, so I haven't put their run time to a full test yet. But with the USB-C charge port they charge lightning fast. Manual says about 1.5 hours to fully charge them from zero...after my longest hunt they took less than 30 minutes to recharge fully.

I'll post again when I get a better idea of total run time - but I highly recommend this set of earbuds based on the rest of the features alone!

Thanks again for posting about these earbuds, pacer. I finally got fed up with my previous brand of earbuds (short run time, and dropped connections constantly), and I ordered a set of the Aukey EP-B80's a couple of weeks ago. I've had the chance to use them for about a half dozen hunts so far, and I have to say, I absolutely love them!

As you said, they paired almost immediately, great sound quality, stay in place, and I can wear them for hours in complete comfort! Longest hunt so far was about 4 hours, so I haven't put their run time to a full test yet. But with the USB-C charge port they charge lightning fast. Manual says about 1.5 hours to fully charge them from zero...after my longest hunt they took less than 30 minutes to recharge fully.

I'll post again when I get a better idea of total run time - but I highly recommend this set of earbuds based on the rest of the features alone!

AirmetTango, glad your happy with them. As for myself, I liked them so much, I purchased a second set.

looks like the price has gone way up

Aukey's EP-B80 Bluetooth Ear Buds are now $79.00 on Amazon.

looks like the price has gone way up

Aukey's EP-B80 Bluetooth Ear Buds are now $79.00 on Amazon.

Hmmm...yep, that’s more than I paid on Sept 16 through Amazon. My price was $64 at the time, and the merchant was “Aukey Direct, fulfilled by Amazon” - the same merchant that now has them listed “on sale” for $80, reduced from $120 :shock:. Don’t know if I just got lucky with a deeper “sale” price or what, but I’m pretty sure the listing didn’t have $120 shown as the original price when I bought. I know the list price is irrelevant, kinda like MAPs for detectors, but still interesting that it seems to have gone up significantly also.

I assume “Aukey Direct” is the manufacturer’s official distribution, but not certain. I wonder why the drastic price increase :?:

All that said, they really are pretty impressive earbuds. They beat the pants off of the various $30 sets I’ve burned through trying to find a decent set - if I had bought these first, I would have “saved” money even at $80. Still, $80 is pretty steep (and I know many will say $64 was steep, too). Might be worth waiting to see if there’s another “sale” at some point...

These are back on sell at Amazon. $39.99 with coupon. Thanks for this thread. I just purchased a pair for my Equinox 800.

Well today they are back up to $57.00. The $39.99 with coupon didn't last very long.

Aukey has released another pair of "low latency" earbuds. Says they were first listed on amazon on January 3, 2020...no reviews yet. $36 and theres currently a $5 off coupon for them...

Just passing on the info...

AUKEY Bluetooth 5 Headphones, Neckband Headset with aptX Low Latency, IPX5 Water Resistance, Skin-Friendly Flexible Neckband, Hi-Fi Stereo Wireless Earbuds for iPhone, Huawei, Samsung https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083FPV792/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_imGoEbNMBY09J

These are back on sell at Amazon. $39.99 with coupon. Thanks for this thread. I just purchased a pair for my Equinox 800.

Thanks for the heads up on the coupon. It worked for me I just had one of the young guys here at work order it and I will have it tomorrow.

JL1252 Just bought these, after looking for several hours, this thread and your post found what I wanted. Thx. Will update after I use them a while.

I just got mine, and yes, they pairr, but WITHOUT the "+" symbol. These have much more delay that my Tronds. Not, just NOT LL headphones. Y'all get the plus symbol on yours?

I just got mine, and yes, they pairr, but WITHOUT the "+" symbol. These have much more delay that my Tronds. Not, just NOT LL headphones. Y'all get the plus symbol on yours?

My B80's paired up with the low latency + symbol. I can't detect any lag.

DON'T Buy These!

My Equinox600 does not connect with the +symbol and that shows up in latency delay. They connect but with tons of delay for a supposedly and advertised...5.0 LL

My Equinox600 does not connect with the +symbol and that shows up in latency delay. They connect but with tons of delay for a supposedly and advertised...5.0 LL

Maybe try a factory reset on the detector and then try to pair the ear buds. I did a factory reset on mine to unpair the wm08 module. The earbuds then paired up without a problem. I do have the Nox 800.

Back
Top Bottom