Carbon fiber shafts??

cobb05

So i've been looking into getting one for my nox 800. I've looked at the Andersons and Pluggers. Just wondering if anyone that has them has any input. I'm also curious as to getting the 2 piece vs one piece plugger rod.

I have the two piece plugger shaft for the Equinox. It's well worth the money. Rock solid and fully adjustable.

does the 2 piece just make it break down smaller? was wondering why on their website they have the longer single piece but i also found their 2 piece version and was wondering what the difference was

The two piece shaft is pretty much the same as the stock shaft, but it has three possible positions to mount the control unit, whereas the stock shaft only has one. The one piece shaft is simply one piece.

With either of the shafts, you still have to use the stock lower rod (the one that mounts to the coil).

So i've been looking into getting one for my nox 800. I've looked at the Andersons and Pluggers. Just wondering if anyone that has them has any input. I'm also curious as to getting the 2 piece vs one piece plugger rod.

With the Anderson, you have carbon fiber from head to toe. As a matter of fact, regarding the lower shaft, with Anderson, they include nylon washers that go on both sides of the rubber washers .. it seems to make the coil head glide very smooth, but still maintain it's position, and without having to torque down the nut.
Anderson supplies their own cuff. If you want to, you can put the original Minelab cuff on the Anderson shaft, which is what I did. I have the cuff at the very end of the shaft, unlike what the original Minelab setup will allow.
The control box (LCD) has three positions.
Anderson also supplies two hex wrenches of different sizes, to get the job done.
And decals included, if that matters to you.

Plugger 36 inch ONE piece

I love it, unless you travel , get the one piece, 105 plus shipping, cheaper than Anderson, using the stock lower rod, and cuff, three adjustment holes for both the cuff position, and head , nice lower rod lock, I am sure Anderson is nice to, but really this was all i need, happy hunting, Earl

Attachments

• P1000982.JPG
    P1000982.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 591
  • P1000981.JPG
    P1000981.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 579
  • P1000980.JPG
    P1000980.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 595
I looked at the plugger shafts on ebay, and the 34" one piece weighs 4.9 ounces, while the 2 piece comes in at 5.7 oz. If you won't need it to break down for travel/storage, it seems a solid one piece would be preferable. The seller on ebay is rods_by_plugger. He has 34" and 36" one piece shafts, and can do some custom orders too.

Reply Yes

There is a size of the shaft difference according to Plugger William will ask if it's a 600 or 800 when you place the order, Earl

Or if you’re handy you could source some parts and make one yourself

Back
Top Bottom