Scout camp scarf slides

Coast

What a day, pouring rain 37 degrees perfect day for detecting, found two boy scout scarf slides, looks like from the 50’s. The camp i beleive was built in the 40’s best of all right in town. Signals were blasting my ears off about 5 inches deep you know one of those can slaw signals.

Attachments

• AFC0E4F3-E071-469A-96C0-6D4D70A91C49.jpg
    AFC0E4F3-E071-469A-96C0-6D4D70A91C49.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 933
Nice, where you find those old ones you also find silver. I have hit 4 old boy scout camps around me and have snagged silver in every one of them.

Thanks for posting and good luck!

Went out to same place

Went out today and found a few more in another spot same camp.

Attachments

• ADC94047-AB9D-4510-B6B7-3A087DBD077E.jpg
    ADC94047-AB9D-4510-B6B7-3A087DBD077E.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 849
That's awesome. My son is a scout, and I'd LOVE to find one of those for him. Still waiting on a response to a permission request from an old boy scout camp near me.

That's awesome. My son is a scout, and I'd LOVE to find one of those for him. Still waiting on a response to a permission request from an old boy scout camp near me.

Most are easy to get permission to hunt. I have been in 4 and one girl scout camp. Never try when any scouts are camping though.

I hunted one today. Got a slide from the 50's it looks like:

Here is a hint when talking to them. Offer to return any arrows you come across. We find a lot and give them back. Most are aluminum shaft ones.

Most are easy to get permission to hunt. I have been in 4 and one girl scout camp. Never try when any scouts are camping though.

Here is a hint when talking to them. Offer to return any arrows you come across. We find a lot and give them back. Most are aluminum shaft ones.

Thanks for the tip...I'll try that....the one that's near me closed and I've been having trouble getting ahold of someone who can give permission.

I LOVE that slide....that would be an awesome one for my son....hopefully I can find one if I ever get permission.

That's a really good idea w/ the arrows. That's the coolest slide i've ever seen. Never knew they made them like that.

Back
Top Bottom