OK car guy's, and anyone else.

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
I got an offer yesterday I'm debating on and need some input. I've got a completely restored (turnkey) 64.5 Mustang Convertible that I just love driving. Well yesterday I had a guy offer to trade me a 2010 Mustang GT500 Super Snake. Normally this wouldn't be so tough as I love my classic, but we're talking an $80,000 car here. My car books at around $50,000. The Super Snake is making around 750 HP which I do love a fast car.

What do you think, the 65 or the 2010?

Attachments

• 65-pony.jpg
    65-pony.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 2010-SSnake.jpg
    2010-SSnake.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
That's a hard one. The newest greatest muscle car in exchange for one of the most iconic cars in the history of cars. :lol: Even if you do trade , I think you'll feel an empty spot were the 64 used to be.

I don't envy your dilemma. Both cars are beautiful. I'll say this, about 8 months ago, I sold a 1968 motorcycle, a Triumph TR6R, 650cc. I had fully restored it. Engine rebuild, rewire, forks etc etc. Thought I was tired of it, ready to move on. WRONG, I miss it every nice weather day we have. Had put my heart and soul into that bike. still regret the sale.

I would have to keep the classic. It came out the same year that I got my drivers license. I really wanted one when they came out, but could only afford the $50 for a '48 Chevy business coup at the time. Had to sell a horse to come up with that.

Well, which one do you really, really want? Hmmmm? :hmmm: ...

I mean, the 2010 is a very, very nice car, but it's not that classic Mustang we all think of. Me, I'd keep the oldie if I had to pick one. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't trade your classic for the modern heap.

Might trade for one of the older Shelby gt500s though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Mustang

Fast forward 10 or 20 years, reckon which will still be the head turner?

Especially with all the later models made that look so much like the blue heap.

Wonder if a cop caught you speeding driving each car.
Wonder which one if drove and caught speeding would the cop give a person a break in,,ticket wise??

That blue beast,, get ready for a big TICKET.

Forget the modern POS. keep that golden oldie alive. That 64 is way cooler anyways

Only one you can do all the work and maintenance yourself...

A classic will always be a classic..

Keep that!

<°)))>{

I believe production numbers are very limited on the Shelby Snake so my guess is it'll definitely become highly collectible. Its already a head turner IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I love classic muscle cars and pony cars too. Everyone refers to the 60s and early 70s as the muscle car glory days. They were beautiful cars, no doubt. They had a lot going for them with the classic styling, decent power, simplicity, and being easy to work on. They were fairly quick for heavy cars on bias ply tires. But if we're being honest, most of them are no match for their modern counterparts when it comes to performance. Up until the early 70s they were rated in gross hp, which can be misleading when comparing to a net hp rated modern muscle car (or Pony Car if you want to get technical). Right now you can go buy a new Mustang or Camaro that produces an honest 400+net horsepower, has modern brakes, tires, suspension and all of the creature comforts. Styling is subjective, and I happen to think the newer cars look great! Heck I'd even go so far as to say the muscle car "glory days" are right now!

I could run a lot of the dog out of a muscle car in 7 years.

Think about that :yes:

You know what you have now, would you know what you'd be getting?

If the topic comes-up, I wouldn't base my decision totally on a Carfax Report either.

If interested:
http://www.nbc12.com/story/15998881/how-reliable-is-carfax

ETA: Forgot to add, looks like you're in a good neighborhood for doorknocking (brick raods).

Back
Top Bottom