Firearms pics and discussion

CMMG Banshee 22LR upper w/ AAC Element 2 sitting on a Colt 6920 lower.

Just got the upper a couple of days ago.
Very nice indeed!
I saw the Colt logo, and I know that Walther had made some M4 .22LRs under contract from Colt. That's why I asked, even though the upper was obviously not what Walther was making.

I've got a CMMG conversion, but I haven't shot it much yet. The plan is to build a dedicated .22LR with a Magnesium lower that I've got, and I'll put together an upper with a 1:9 twist specifically shoot Aguila 60gr subs through. I expect that I'll have to "adjust" the CMMG bolt spring a bit to accommodate the sub velocity ammo, but that's not a big deal at all. Once I have it all together I'll screw a can on it and top it with my ATN X-Sight, then go destroy the local raccoon population. :cool3:

Very nice indeed!
I saw the Colt logo, and I know that Walther had made some M4 .22LRs under contract from Colt. That's why I asked, even though the upper was obviously not what Walther was making.

I've got a CMMG conversion, but I haven't shot it much yet. The plan is to build a dedicated .22LR with a Magnesium lower that I've got, and I'll put together an upper with a 1:9 twist specifically shoot Aguila 60gr subs through. I expect that I'll have to "adjust" the CMMG bolt spring a bit to accommodate the sub velocity ammo, but that's not a big deal at all. Once I have it all together I'll screw a can on it and top it with my ATN X-Sight, then go destroy the local raccoon population. :cool3:

Thanks bud!

Good luck with getting those subs to cycle. Are you going to run that one suppressed? Should be pretty dang quiet either way with those Aguila rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool posts! Thanks for sharing! I do not own a firearm at the moment. Not the easiest procedure in my state compared to alot of others. I do have one kind of odd question though. I'm pretty sure I read 3 or 4 different posts, from different poster's, mentioning they lost there guns in boating accidents. Why is it seemingly common all these guns are lost on (or off) boats? Second, are these lost guns too deep to retrieve? A strong magnet wouldnt help? Third, if these lost guns were within reasonable reach, you could possibly dive down and retrieve them? Some really nice protection posted for sure!

Thanks bud!

Good luck with getting those subs to cycle. Are you going to run that one suppressed? Should be pretty dang quiet either way with those Aguila rounds.
One of the cans I've got in jail awaiting a stamp is a rimfire only. And yes it will be quiet. The bullet impacting is going to be the loudest noise heard.

I do have one kind of odd question though. I'm pretty sure I read 3 or 4 different posts, from different poster's, mentioning they lost there guns in boating accidents. Why is it seemingly common all these guns are lost on (or off) boats?
If politicians like the ones running your state ever feel bold enough to try to take 'em, and they send "officials" to collect them, you need to have an explanation ready for why you don't have 'em anymore. :roll:

And the boating accident could be legitimate. Maybe the guy was on a hunting trip somewhere, and had to get to a camp by boat, but there really was a major problem. I couldn't blame the guy for letting the weapons go, while saving himself to rebuild his collection.
Could be the guy was moving, and the quickest way there was a ferry across a large body of water. The ferry goes down, with his pickup truck on board.
There's a number of possible scenarios that could be a legitimate explanation.
And I think there's just one guy, he's just mentioned it a couple times.

Roger

Nice to see all the black guns, anyone have an IWI Tavor? If you did you would rarely if ever pick up you black guns again.... :cool3:

Decided to go ahead and register a CMMG Banshee lower SBR to match my upper. Got my stamp today. Approval for form 1's is much faster now. E-filed form 1 individual on 4-26-19, prints received 4-29-19, approved 5-23-19.

This tiny two-stamp 22LR terror is by far the most fun gun I own. :D

CMMG Banshee 300 series 22LR SBR with AAC Element II suppressor and Franklin Armory BFS3 binary trigger.

Attachments

• CMMG-SBR.jpg
    CMMG-SBR.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 583
Decided to go ahead and register a CMMG Banshee lower SBR to match my upper. Got my stamp today. Approval for form 1's is much faster now. E-filed form 1 individual on 4-26-19, prints received 4-29-19, approved 5-23-19.

This tiny two-stamp 22LR terror is by far the most fun gun I own. :D

CMMG Banshee 300 series 22LR SBR with AAC Element II suppressor and Franklin Armory BFS3 binary trigger.

Looks like a fun gun. If one can afford all the ammo.

Looks like a fun gun. If one can afford all the ammo.

Yeah I admit it’s tempting to flip the selector to binary mode every time I shoot it. The good news is it eats the cheap bulk ammo just fine, and with the 4.5” barrel even the cheap standard velocity stuff stays subsonic.

Yeah I admit it’s tempting to flip the selector to binary mode every time I shoot it. The good news is it eats the cheap bulk ammo just fine, and with the 4.5” barrel even the cheap standard velocity stuff stays subsonic.

Here’s my zip gun. Lol
17hm2.

14sjcr6.jpg

16lky8n.jpg

Had a riot this last weekend at NRA/WC out in New Mexico!

Shot targets out to 1123yds.

WC-LRS_On The Line_Shooting At The White Buffalo-1125yds.jpg

The target is the small white spot in the bare patch just into the tree line.
WC-White Buffalo_1e.jpg
WC-White Buffalo_2e.jpg

Last edited:
I love my latest rifle. Fun, cheap to shoot and MOA. Ruger Ranch 7.62x39 with Redfield Revolution 2-7 Scope. A2 Birdcage Flash Hider and Bipod. Using the Hornady SST 123g ammo for hunting this fall.

Last edited:
I love my latest rifle. Fun, cheap to shoot and MOA. Ruger Ranch 7.62x39 with Redfield Revolution 2-7 Scope. A2 Birdcage Flash Hider and Bipod. Using the Hornady SST 123g ammo for hunting this fall.
:waytogo: Those Ruger American series rifles are really sweet. I've got a Predator, but I'd like to get a Ranch in .300BLK.
In your part of the country that'll be a peach! I'm vaguely familiar with your neighborhood, because my sister lives nearby in Lenoir City.

Back
Top Bottom