Etrac malfunction! please help!

zach66604

Elite Member
The last two days the TID on my etrac has been funky. Everything seems to ring in higher than it should. Pennies are coming in as silver dimes majority of the time(12-45) quarters are half dollar signals ect. I even found a wheat that rang up 12-46. The problems persist at different sites, and at sites where it has worked normally before. I tried a reset, and a master reset twice to no avail. bench testing seems to be more accurate. Does anyone have any ideas on things that I could try before I break down and send it in? The minelab tech said the only thing I could do was a master reset, and after that I have to send it in. He mentioned something about the mother board could be on the fritz, which is extremely disappointing because the replacement part cost more than I have invested into the whole machine.

Do you have another coil to test? Seems more like a coil issue. Is the ID off on all noise cancel channels?

I dug several copper pennies today at 12-44 even one at 12-45 these were shallow memorials.

It's really hard to tell where the pennies will show up on this machine

I dug several copper pennies today at 12-44 even one at 12-45 these were shallow memorials.

It's really hard to tell where the pennies will show up on this machine

I used etrac for 2 years.
Never did see a penny ring up to 45 conductive.
Did see them read 43 every so often,,the pre1982s.

I actually used 2 etracs,,both seemed the same ID wise on coins.
With stock coil and 10x12 sef,,6x8 sef,,and 5" sunray.

Back
Top Bottom